20 - Releasing the Emotions

Hi guys! Really quick before the chapter starts, I really really, very much, want you guys to read my original story on my other Wattpad account, MargaritaTuazon. The story is called: L*O*S*T and I hope you guys do check that out! Please and thank you!

Now enjoy the story! 💖❄
---

"What are you doing here?"

Lucas' voice was low and hollow. It sounded more like a demand more than a question. Elizabeth looked taken back as she slowly stepped back. Lucas stared at her with emotionless eyes as he gripped the bottom of his leather jacket. I cleared my throat and Elizabeth shook back to reality.

"L-Lucas. I transferred back. I'm here now."

She put on a slight smile but Lucas look unfazed by it and simply walked past her. He walked straight towards me and put a hand on my wrist. I flinched slightly. He turned around and began to drag me with him. It wasn't until I heard a small voice squeak behind us that I stopped in my tracks.

"Please. Stay. I- I need to explain."

She sounded so desperate and on the verge of crying, I stopped in my tracks and hesitated. Should I turn and comfort her? Or continue to leave with Lucas? I guess he answered the question by slightly turning his head and speaking for himself.

"You don't need to explain. We settled everything on that day."

She put her hand on his wrist, indicating him to stop. And honestly, I got a little bit offended.
Woah Maya.
Stop thinking like this.

"Lucas please."

She looked up with glossy eyes but I felt like they weren't genuine. Lucas snatches his hand away from her as he plasters a scowl on his face. Uh oh. That's not a good sign.

"Don't touch me."

His voice is ominously low. Elizabeth though, doesn't back down. I think she knows that Lucas, being the gentleman as he is, wouldn't hit or even touch a girl. But I could tell she was getting on his nerves. And even though gentleman Lucas doesn't hit girls, Texas Lucas doesn't care at all.

"Lucas, please, let me at least explain. I-I-I can't stop thinking about you."

Lucas pauses for a moment before turning his head to the side and letting out a soft breath. His grip on my wrist tightened as I felt his jaw clench in anger and annoyance. He let out a cold chuckle.

"Yeah, right. I don't want to speak to you Elizabeth. Now and forever."

Then he softly jerked my wrist, telling me we were leaving. So I left with him. We walked out of the cafe and I saw the back of Elizabeth through the thick tainted windows. She sat down back in the booth we were sitting at. She looked defeated and rested her face in her hands. I sighed and pulled my wrist away from Lucas' grip.

"You could have let her explain."

Lucas sighed and let his hand fall to his side. We continued to walk through the silent night of New York before he spoke up again.

"I let her explain years ago. The damage was done."

I crossed my arms as we continued down the cold streets of New York. December had just settled and that means snow and Christmas spirit is going to be coming in. I shiver as a cold breeze sweeps through us. I tightly hold onto my wool sweater as I didn't have a jacket or coat to bring. I let out a breath and Lucas turns around.

"Hey, you're cold."

He looks at me dead in the eyes. I shake my head.

"No, its fine."

He rolls his eyes as he takes off his coat.

"What are you doing?"

I ask as he finally takes it off. He goes up behind me and puts my arms out. He slides in the sleeves one by one before comfortably pressing down on the sides, making sure it sits neatly with me. Its a little bit big but I didn't really care. Its warm.

"Thanks."

I say as I look up. We were inches apart as his hands were still on my sleeves, holding them down. We made eye contact for a brief moment. Then I slowly gripped my hands on his collar. I thought I was going to initiate but as his hands were already on me, he pulled me closer and closer the gap. Enveloping me in a kiss.

Well, you can't always hit two birds with one stone...