23

Kayleigh's POV

Today's the day. I am to become a part of the team and get the dark mark on my left arm. Mother and Father have my arms in theirs, basically dragging me to the middle of a random woods where no one would ever hear or see us. I was scared, honestly, but I had to hold it back.

We arrive and I see Lucius, Narcissa, and some other death eaters I didn't know the names of. I nod my head at them politely and they nod back as my mother and father finally let go of my arms and back away from where I was standing. Then suddenly my biggest worry came true and the Dark Lord was standing right in front of me.

"Ah, Kayleigh Allen. So good to finally meet you," Voldemort whispers close to my ear, circling tightly around me. "Are you ready to feel a great pain you have never felt in your life?" He smirks as he aggressively rips my sleeve up to show the skin of my arm. I nervously nod and he smirks again. The only other person I've ever seen smirk that this is Draco...

"Lucius, come! Hold her still," he sternly demands and Lucius walks over, holding my right arm and back to stabilise me as Voldemort holds out my left arm to play with. Without any further warning, Voldemort casts the spell on my arm and the dark mark begins to form, not without notice.

I jolt in pain and Lucius grasps me tighter in attempts to keep me still. I try to hold it back but the pain is too unbearable. I scream at the top of my lungs that I'm sure someone must have heard me somewhere. We were far away from any other people but I sure screamed really loud.

I scream and squirm from the pain until a few seconds after he's done. Then I take a long, hard look at the new tattoo. The snake was slithering around in a particular pattern and I grimace of disturbance. I could feel the snake as it moved, it didn't hurt but it definitely didn't feel right; it felt weird, like jello smushing around inside of you.

Mother comes over and harshly tugs my sleeve back down and says we need to get something to cover the mark. I simply nod as my parents whisk me away from the scene and lead me home. When we get there, Mother pulls out a dark brown leather wrist cuff that's big enough to cover my entire forearm. "I saved this one, especially for you," she says as she puts it on my arm. I understand her sentiment but I don't really think this gift is sentimental. I look at it once it's on and smile lightly. It was quite nice; it was comfortable and sleek and it definitely was appealing to the eye. I just wondered if people at school would question it.

I thank her lightly before she runs off and I'm left alone in my room. I continue to stare at my wrist in sadness and disgust. It's so surreal, I just can't believe it's actually happened. I feel on the verge of tears but i bite it back. I can't get emotional all the time if I'm a death eater. I need to lose my sensitivity and become totally reckless.

*time skip to beginning of year 4*

I haven't had really any tasks since I became a death eater but I have been personally working on my sensitivity and recklessness. I'm sitting with the girls and as they talk and giggle, I watch out the window annoyed. It sucks that I can't be happy anymore but I'm starting to get used to it.

I hear a knock on the door of our car and I turn towards it, seeing Draco standing there. Before I can even think, I jump in his arms and hug him tightly. He chuckles lightly but then I realize that I'm showing emotion. I back away and look up at him with an expression that's stone cold.

"Wait, what's wrong?" He asks seeing my change in emotion and I roll my eyes lightly. "I was wondering if you wanted to come to my car and hang with me?" He looks at me hopefully and I nod. I follow him without saying goodbye to the girls and sit next to him.

"So how was your summer? You didn't really write me at all," he says sounding a little disappointed and I can't help but frown a little. "Yeah, well I was busy. I didn't have time for childish games," I say crossing my arms and looking out the window.

"Kayleigh, are you mad at me or something? You're acting different," he says and I give an obviously sarcastic chuckle and roll my eyes. "Well, it's about time to grow up now don't you think?" I ask and he looks at me, jaw dropped and in shock. Then he very sadly turns away and the rest of the ride was silent.

"I'm sorry for whatever I did to you," Draco says before sadly walking away and I walk alone. It was nighttime so people were heading straight to bed and I walk straight to the back of the school where I fall to the ground and sit with my back against the wall.

Voldemort's words rang through my head, no more love. I feel bad for the way I had to treat Draco but I can't feel sorry. I have to be this way if I'm ever gonna make it on Voldy's team.

*•*•*•*•*•*

A/N: a little bit of a shorter chapter than most but it's alright. I hope you guys like it!! If you do, please vote and share and read my other Draco fic Soft.

I love you guys and hope you have a lovely day! Peace out, hugs and kisses all around xoxoxo