The One That Survived [Naruto Fanfic] Chapter 1

~Chapter 1~

Blood….blood is….everywhere.

I stared straight ahead with my wide, frightened ten-year-old eyes brimming with tears and reflecting fear and despair. My entire clan. Slaughtered. I’m only alive because of the stray puppy being caught in the fence…. I thought, flashing back to the small black furry puppy with a six sided white star on its head, a white underbelly and muzzle with three stripes on its fluffy tail.

That dog is currently in my jacket, trembling in fear as well. He had kept flowing me after I insisted it run home. I then asked if he wanted to stay with me and I knew my parents would let me keep him after I told them what happened.

But….they’re all dead.

In fact, I was standing right next to my parent’s corpses at this very moment, seeing their life blood pooling around them. Why would someone kill my entire clan?! I screamed inside my head.

I saw a shadow up ahead suddenly and my head snapped up, my right eye burning instantly as the red hue of it glowed brightly. I could see them. There were four men, all with headbands from the Hidden Rock Village. No wonder….my clan was a powerful asset to Konohagakure; even if we did not actually live inside the village or the Land of Fire, people of our clan were ninja.

And this stupid Third Shinobi World War is what killed my entire clan….these stupid boulder brains. I’ll kill them all. At that last thought my eye felt like it had just exploded and I could sense everything within a ten mile radius-the amount of land our clan lived on. I could sense all of my friends, families, teachers, and everyone’s dead body. Along with the hundred Rock Ninja that was there.

“There’s one left. Little girl, approximately eleven, white and red hair, one red eye and one gold. Four six, ninety pounds. Beside the bakery.” I heard one whisper into a headset and all the Rock Ninja started to converge on me as I paid them no mind, whispering to my new puppy.

“How ‘bout you stay in my jacket and don’t watch this?” I whispered to him and he nodded like he understood me before burrowing into my thick black jacket. Good thing it wasn’t my favorite, because it was about to turn red with the blood of my enemies.

As the first one attacked I looked up, drawing the hidden sword attached to my back with such speed it was like a flash before the man fell behind me in two separate, even halves.

I looked up, my features one of a Hinome clan member. My teeth naturally sharper than most at the canine area, one of my eyes blood red while the other is gold, the only natural eye color in the clan, the white-and-red hair. And of course….the markings that varied on the member. I looked down as my arms started to burn to see thick, black, tribal-looking markings appear on my skin. My face also burned and I looked down at the blood on the ground, my parent’s blood, to see my face reflected off of it with the light of the full moon. Black rings surrounded both of my eyes like eyeliner with a fang like mark on each one going down to my chin and facing inwards. At the corner of my eyes near my nose a swirly and diamond-like pattern was there.

I smiled down at my reflection, noticing my pupils were slit like a cats, also a normal thing.

Looks like I finally gained my kekkei genkai. I thought before all the Shinobi launched at me at once. A good two hundred. Pah, eight-hundred were dead on the ground because of my clan. They think a simple two hundred can kill a girl who is fueled with anger and a need to avenge her clan? If they do, they’re idiots.

I sliced through all of them, feeling the extreme strength from my unlocked ability radiate from me. After this battle, I would train to become strong. That way I’m even more powerful while using this eye.