The One That Survived [Naruto Fanfic] Chapter 13

~Chapter 13~

“So Sakura….it’s you and me….going head to head. I never saw it coming.” Ino said and I blinked as Sakura slipped off her headband.

“Of all the people for Ino to go up against, it would have to be Sakura! What a mess!” I heard the ponytailed kid from Asuma’s team mutter.

“Do you think Ino will be all right?” The….chubbier one asked.

I looked at the two kunoichi, frowning. Ino looked lost in memories until Sakura spoke. “Understand this….I’m never letting you anywhere near Sasuke.” I sweat-dropped. Really Sakura? Really?

“What--?!” Ino yelled.

“you’re not even his type! And I’m not the weak, needy little girl I used to be. You’re not even on my radar now.” Sakura told her and I bit my lip. I’ve been training Sakura on taijutsu quite a bit….I wonder how this’ll turn out….

“Sakura….I think you’ve forgotten who you’re talking to. Don’t cop an attitude with me, you little crybaby.” Ino shot back.

“Aw, man! Sakura just cross the line. That Ino chick scares me silly!” Naruto muttered, gripping the rail.

“Hmm….,” Both Naruto and I glanced at Kakashi, “Sakura’s not trying to throw her weight around….and she’s not the kind who’d bully someone just to be cruel. She’s making sure Ino is too riled up to think of going easy on her….for old time’s sake.”

I watched the two and they both looked lost in memories.

“What are they getting so intense about?!” Naruto asked and Kakashi and I sighed. It’s like you and Sasuke, dumbass.

“Well, Naruto….rivalry is tricky business….not that I would know.” He side-glanced at Guy and the person in question glared at him.

Ino seemed to realize something and smiled a little, taking off her headband from around her waist before tying it around her head band as Sakura did the same. They both launched at each other and my full attention was on the fight. For once I got to see Bunny fighting. And I sure as hell wasn’t gonna miss it.

Sakura created three clones. “This isn’t an Academy Graduation Exam, you know. You can’t beat me with classic, textbook moves!” Ino shouted.

I watched as Sakura focused her chakra to her feet and then her speed increased greatly. Her chakra control is spectacular, I’ll give her that.

Her two clones disappeared as she punched Ino in the face and I smirked. “I may have been a crybaby back in the day….but who’s crying now? Come on, Ino….stop holding back. I know you can do better than this!” Sakura yelled.

“If that’s the way you want it, fine by me. The gloves are off!!”

“Look at Sakura go! She’s awesome!” Naruto grinned down at the fight.

“Sakura is a solid contender. Her mastery of the fundamental techniques for the utilization of chakra is definitely the best among the rookies.” Kakashi told him and I nodded.

“Even better than me?!”

“Uh….yeah.” Kakashi answered Naruto bluntly.

“….”

“The technical art of circulating chakra to every nook and cranny of the body and deploying it with precise timing….is an area in which Sakura has surpassed even Sasuke. From the beginning, her mastery of chakra manipulation….has been superb.” Kakashi said and I nodded again.