The One That Survived [Naruto Fanfic] Chapter 14

~Chapter 14~

“He’s….really smart.” I said, watching as Shikamaru rubbed the back of his neck. And lazy….. I added silently.

Next up will be….” Hayate said and I watched as two more names were called up. Then smirked.

Uzumaki Naruto vs. Inuzuka Kiba

Hehe, this was gonna be a showdown.

“Well, it’s about time!! Thanks for being patient, everyone! I’m gonna make this worth your wait!” Naruto said with a grin. I rolled my eyes, ruffling his hair. He looked up at me as I handed him a cookie and heard Kiba’s reaction to his opponent.

“Oh, yessss! Thank you! Thank you!! We can take this guy, Akamaru!!!”

“Woof!”

….wow….that guy’s waaaay too cocky.

“Beat his ass Naruto.” He grinned, nodding as he chomped on the cookie.

Once they were down there I flashed over to Kurenai. “Bet?”

“How much?” She muttered.

“About….40,000 yen?” I wagered and her eyes popped before grinning. She held out her hand.

“Deal.” I shook it and we both turned to Kakashi with mischievous grins. He raised an eyebrow, looking slightly wary.

“What….?”

“Hold this. I’m betting on Naruto.” I said, handing over the money. His eyes widened as Kurenai also handed him the same amount of money.

“I’m on Kiba.”

He nodded slowly, putting the money in his weapons pouch as we returned where we were, Naruto and Kiba finally standing across from each other.

“The Seventh Round battle! Uzumaki Naruto versus Inuzuka Kiba!” Hayate announced and I sweat-dropped. Really dude? It was on the scoreboard.

“Woo-hoo!! We lucked out, Akamaru! This fight is as good as won!!!” Kiba yelled.

“Woof!”

Cocky idiots….don’t underestimate Naruto.

Don’t be so cocky, you jerk! Hey, Kiba!! Send your little puppy dog home!! C’mon….he’ll get in our way!” Naruto yelled. Kiba ginned, crouching as Akamaru stood on the ground, jumping out of his jacket, and put a hand on Akamaru’s back.

“Whatever! Akamaru fights with me, like always.”

“Aw, man….you’re kidding, right? Is that allowed?”

“The rules are clear. Animals and insects used as part of a ninja’s art….are the same as any other weapons and tools.”

“It’s like Chi you dumbass!” I called down and he nodded.

“Hmph! Fine, I do my best work with a little handicap, anyway!” Kiba stared at him for a moment before smirking.

“Who does he think he is? Two can play that game!! Sit this one out, Akamaru. I’ll handle him alone.” Kiba stated, patting the dogs head. He whined and I glanced towards Chi who was glaring at Naruto.

“Handicap. A dog is not a handicap you brat.” He grumbled and I snickered.

“Naruto! Don’t you dare let that loser beat you!!!” Sakura yelled.

Kiba looked like he was remembering something before they both held up a fist at each other, their knuckles cracking.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be kind….I’ll finish you off fast instead of dragging it out.” Kiba said.