The One That Survived [Naruto Fanfic] Chapter 18

~Chapter 18~

The Spoon and Duck-butt was late. On the bright side, Naruto punched that douche-bag Hyuga for me.

I was leaning against the wall of one of the sections of stands. I could see Sakura and Ino from here and Sakura was looking kinda depressed. Probably because of Duck-butt….sigh.

I lit a cigarette, staring at the fight again with a smirk. This Neji brat….I’ve really taken a disliking to him. First off, he’s a Hyuga. Second, he calls Naruto a failure.

And that’s all you need for you to earn my hatred.

Stupid brat.

I will admit, I was worried when he pressed all of Naruto’s Tenketsu but amazingly Naruto drew on the strength of the fox without losing control this time. Then he beat Neji’s ass.

After him, they postponed Sasuke’s battle with Gaara. Then Kankuro quit like a pansy and now Shikamaru just forfeited. People were getting rowdy, waiting for the idiots to show up and begin.

I sighed, shaking my head. Kakashi….why are you always so late?

I pulled out Make-Out Paradise, pushing my back off the wall and walking down to where Ino and Sakura were. Oh, and Choji. When’d he get here? Oh well.

“Oh, Hokori-sensei!” Sakura said, turning her head to look at me. Ino and Choji followed before all three sweat-dropped at the sight of what I was reading.

“Hey. By the way, don’t worry about Duck-butt and the Spoon, they’re almost here.” I said, catching her worried look. As soon as I said that leaves started swirling in the middle of the arena, Sasuke and Kakashi appearing. I smirked, nodding as the Sakura looked at the field with relief.

“See? Told you.” I muttered. I glanced over the two, taking into account that Duck-butt’s new hair style made him look like a wet dog.

“hey….isn’t that….” Ino muttered, Choji looking shocked.

“It’s Sasuke, all right!” Lee said, stepping beside me along with Guy.

“Whee! Sasuke!” Ino suddenly shrieked. I winced, rubbing at my ear with my pinkie. Ow….sheesh that pig’s loud….

“Hey, Sakura! Your team’s kinda pretty awesome~!” Ino said, smiling at the pinkette.

“Huh?”

“I mean I never imagined Naruto would beat up Hyuga Neji….and Sasuke’s an Uchiha elite….with everyone itching to watch his match!” I looked down at Lee, seeing him looking down in thought. I glanced at Guy who was watching him also and sighed. As Lee started shaking I tossed my cigarette on the ground, stomping on it. I then proceeded to wrap an arm around Lee’s shoulders, making him look up at me in surprise in confusion. I grinned, smiling brightly down at him.

“Don’t worry, kid. Don’t be jealous. Those brats got lucky. When it comes to Taijutsu, you beat both their asses. You’re a prodigy at it.” He stared at me in shock for a moment before smiling back and nodding.

I kept my arm around his shoulder, staring down at the field. Shikamaru and Naruto had disappeared up the stairs and now Gaara was standing across from Sasuke. There was suddenly a flash of black and Kakashi appeared beside me.

“Yo, Guy! Hokori!” He said, scratching his head, “And you too, Lee….are you all right now?”

“Kakashi!” Guy said as he turned to him and Lee leaned forward, looking around me.

“Master Kakashi!” Sakura said.

“Oh! Sorry, sorry. You were worried, weren’t you….? Sorry I didn’t keep in touch….” He said, looking sheepish. Sakura glared while Ino looked like she was expecting the pinkette to start yelling.