The One That Survived [Naruto Fanfic] Chapter 11

~Chapter 11~

“I’m so bored.” I grumbled, looking out at the seven teams that made it then smirked.

“Heh. Our team made it.” I mumbled under my breath as Anko spoke to them. I was beside Kakashi, Asuma on my left.

“Congratulations to you all….on passing the second exam!!”

“Kurenai?” I whispered.

“Hm?”

“Is that your team with the boy and the dog?”

“Yup.” She stated proudly.

“Asuma, yours is starting with the blond girl, right?” I mumbled and he nodded slightly.

Hm….

“And mine is the to the dog-boy’s right!” Guy stated proudly and I sweat-dropped.

“I know, you ditz. I can see the Byakugan in the first one’s eyes and it’s pissing me off.” He sighed, hanging his head then spoke to Kakashi. Though I don’t think he’s listening.

“Your students made an impressive showing! I wonder how much of it was dumb luck….not that it matters. My team is bound to knock them out in the next round. At the next level, it will be all about their abilities….or lack thereof. Ah, well….sometimes being young is all about learning to deal with heartbreak, eh, Kakashi?”

“Huh? I’m sorry….did you say something?” I smirked. I knew the Spoon wasn’t listening….

I looked at the last team from the Leaf who I was unfamiliar with, the Sand team and the Sound team. The ones in front….four-eyes…..creepy red-head….porcupine back. Wow….

I glanced back at the red-head again that had a gourd on his back and scowled, my eye narrowing. I flickered open my left eye a little and scowled at his immense but very evil chakra. Just who is this boy? And not a scratch on him from the Forest of Death….

“Hm….I’ve got a bad feeling about this….” I heard Sasuke mutter and my eye flashed to him, widening when I saw him clutching his neck. Something’s different about him….is this what the Curse Mark is like when it’s fresh?

I heard a dog whine and glanced at the Inuzuka’s dog. He seems troubled….

I glanced behind me at Chi and he was grumbling incoherently under his breath, glancing around as his tail twitched. He’s paranoid too….well shit, this ain’t good.

The Hokage glanced back at us, mumbling to himself but I caught the words. “No wonder their instructors vied for the right to recommend them for this competition….”

Humph. Probably thinking about the rookies.

“Now Lord Hokage himself will explain about the Third Exam,” Anko announced, “Listen up and take every word he says to heart!! They’re all yours, my Lord.”

“Very well.” I zoned out, puffing at my cigarette as I glanced around. That was, until the red-headed boy from the sand spoke up.

“Whatever….could you wrap up the philosophical talk and get down to the life-and-death stuff any time soon?” Such an emotionless voice….he has a cool tattoo though….

I zoned out once again, keeping my eyes on my team as some weasel named Kabuto quit, Naruto asked him why, Sakura got emotional and Sasuke was getting worse with the pain of the Mark.

“It’s just as I feared….” The Hokage muttered and I started paying attention like that.

“What can we do?” Ibiki asked.