The One That Survived [Naruto Fanfic] Chapter 10

~Chapter 10~

“Kakashi….do you think they’ll all come tomorrow?” I asked. We had given them the Chunin Exam application earlier. Now we were laying on my couch lazily with him reading his book and me watching TV and drinking.

“Naruto and Sasuke will, of course. Though….Sakura I’m not sure about.” He murmured and I nodded, twirling a kunai in my hand.

“Do you think they’ll get killed?” I wonder, tilting my head back to rest against the pillow behind me.

“Maybe. Why? You attached?” He gave me a close-eyed smile and I smirked.

“Maybe….”

“Oh. I finally remembered something.” He said, snapping his fingers and looking at me. I raised an eyebrow.

“When we were at Tazuna’s and Inari freaked out, what’d you give Naruto?”

I blinked, flashing back to the bag I threw at him and smirked.

“Cookies.”

“Cookies?”

“Amazing cookies. This old lady from back home made them at the end of the month for me and my sister to eat after training. Her name was Mrs. Kyoko. The cookies really help reenergize you if you’re low on chakra. I got the secret recipe when the massacre happened so that it wouldn’t go to waste.” I smiled before flipping to another channel as a romance movie came on. I really hate those.

Kakashi was looking at me and I glanced over, raising an eyebrow. “What?”

“Two things: one, that’s actually very caring of you to keep a recipe for fourteen years and two, I’m imagining you baking and it’s pretty funny.” He finished with a chuckle and I scowled, swatting at him with my sock covered foot. He laughed again and put his arm over both my legs so I couldn’t kick him. I pursed my lips but just let out a sigh, shaking my head and pulled a blanket off the back of the couch on to me.

“Maybe I should make them some for the Forest of Death.”

“Is that against the rules?”

“I don’t know. When do we listen to rules?” He laughed as I smirked in his direction. Kakashi and I hung out a lot, actually. So this was pretty normal. I let out a small yawn, thinking about tomorrow.

“There’s gonna be two Hyuga brats and our little Duck-butt there tomorrow. Just their presences will annoy me. Actually, the thought of them makes me wanna stab something.” I grumbled and Kakashi pointed at his covered left eye.

“You sure my eye isn’t the thing that’s bothering you?”

“Oh no, that’s not it. You’re not a Uchiha so you don’t count. Plus I kinda liked Goggles. He reminds me of Naruto.” I grinned and he nodded, smiling slightly.

“So, how are you able to open your eye without your kekkei genkai activated?” Kakashi questioned. Yup, that’s right. My eye patch was off and my mismatched gold and red eyes were both open. Except my red one wasn’t glowing nor did I have tattoos.

I held up my arm which had a thin bracelet on it. “Special bracelet. It acts just like if I have my eye closed. It’s for beginners but I use it when the patch annoys me. So, only around the house. Oh, and if I don’t wanna keep my eye closed.

“That’s understandable. Do you always drink so much?” He eyed me as I sipped some vodka straight from the bottle. I glanced over at him with a raised eyebrow, a ‘are-you-seriously-asking-that-question?’ look on my face.