The One That Survived [Naruto Fanfic] Chapter 12

~Chapter 12~

“Uh-oh….” I muttered as his right arm popped off. Damn….

“What on earth?!”

Shino appeared behind him and I smirked at his words. “Just now, while I distracted you with all that helpful advice, my little friends were making their quiet way to key points along your body….creeping down the tunnels you blast your gale wings through. And that, my friend, is a true backup plan.”

“Y-you….!” Shino punched him and I grinned.

“He’s….finished.” Hayate said after checking on Zaku. It was silent until Lee glanced over at Neji.

“W-what the….? How did….Neji?!”

Neji Hyuga….sigh. Another Byakugan user. He made hand signs and activated his Byakugan before twitching in surprise.

“Whoa….I thought he’d used a Summoning spell to marshal the bugs, but….his whole body’s infested with them!”

“W-what?!”

“It’s as creepy as it is useful.” I chuckled.

“There’s a legend in Konoha of a clan of beetle-masters….” Guy said.

“Yes….now that you mention it….,” Neji muttered, “I’ve heard the birthright of anyone born into the clan….is that form the moment they enter the world, their bodies are given over to the crawling vermin to use as nests. The beetle-masters enter into a contract with the bugs, wherein the swarms will answer to the master’s call, fighting his battles and bending to his will….and the beetles are compensated by the abundance of the master’s chakra, which they consume for food.”

“And you’re telling me that Shino….is a member of this clan?!” Lee questioned and I nodded.

“The Aburame’s are a powerful clan. Even I’m scared to go against some of ‘em. And I’m more powerful than Guy and Kakashi combined.” Guy sweat-dropped as his students looked at him in surprised.

“Hokori….”

“Must I demonstrate?”

“No! No, I’m good.” He chuckled nervously as I smirked and glanced down as Shino walked towards the sidelines we stood on as Hayate announced he won.

“Aw, man. I don’t get it! Since when did Shino get to be tough?!” Naruto whined.

“He’s always been creepy, but….” Sakura added and I looked at them in surprise.

“Did you guys have his class?” I asked and they nodded.

“Cool….” They both sweat-dropped as I snickered.

“Master Hokori?” Sakura asked and I looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

“Hmm?”

“You haven’t been smoking….” She looked surprised. I blinked then grinned.

“Sasuke actually caught my attention with that fight. Well, mostly it was the whole him-getting-the-shit-beat-out-of-him part but the end was pretty cool! Plus you haven’t been annoying!” She, and everyone around us, sweat-dropped.

“Yo!” Kakashi suddenly said as he appeared next to me.

“Master Kakashi!!!” Naruto shouted as Sakura blinked in surprise.

“What do you mean, ‘Yo’?! Master Kakashi, tell us about Sasuke! Is he all right?!”

“And back to cigarettes.” I muttered as Guy sweat-dropped as I lit one quickly.