The One That Survived [Naruto Fanfic] Chapter 2

~Chapter 2~

~Kakashi’s POV~

“Minato-sensei! What exactly  happened?!” Obito questioned as we raised through the trees.

“A carrier-hawk was sent to the Leaf, telling us the Hinome Village was under attack by Rock Ninja.” My blond-haired sensei replied.

“Hinome Village?” Rin asked.

“They are one of our most trusted and powerful allies. They live deep within Kusagakure’s country, hidden so well it’s almost hard to find them. That’s why it’s urgent we get there. If someone was to find the village with about a thousand shinobi, the Hinome Village will either be wiped out or taken as slaves. And after this, we need to move on to our next assignment.” We all stared at him for a moment before facing forward and starting to go faster. After awhile, Minato-sensei ordered us to stop. And now.

We stopped on a branch just as a huge open area expanded and I felt my eyes pop along with everyone else’s there was six rows of gravestones-all looking new.

We all jumped down, waiting as Minato inspected them. When he looked down at the writing, reading quickly he bowed his head, mumbling a prayer under his breath quickly.

“These are all dated today.” He told us and we stared between him and the gravestones in shock.

Suddenly a huge burst of flame came out, about a hundred feet away and we all rushed towards the fire, our blood pumping with adrenaline.

When we got there, I felt my blood freeze.

A girl, no older than us, was sitting with her arms wrapped around her knees, covered in blood and sitting in front of a hundred foot tall fire. I looked at what was in the fire and even my strong stomach lurched. Bodies. Hundreds of bodies. The acrid smell of burning flesh filled the air as the girl patted a small dog on her lap. She didn’t even pay us no mind. That was, until Minato-sensei tried to get closer to her.

“I suggest you stay away, Leaf Ninja.” A velvety, song-like voice spoke. The girl turned to us and I saw Obito’s and Rin’s mouths drop as I tried to stay composed. One eye was glowing red and the other was gold, her hair was white and red (some from streaks, mostly from blood), and there were weird tattoos spread on her arms and face that was barely visible by how covered in blood she was.

“I saw you coming. Thank you by the way for praying at my clans graves. For that I won’t try to attack you. This kekkei genkai of mine just came in, and it’s hard to control. But, giving the fact I just killed two-hundred men straight, that’s to be expected right? Oh look at me, rambling to myself like a crazy lunatic. Though I should be deemed psychotic from what I just experienced….” She tilted her head as if thinking, her fingers still stroking the puppy.

~_________’s POV (Hehe, secret x3)~

I glanced towards the fire again, enjoying the scent of those people burning to ash. They got what was deserved.

“You….you what?!” A black-haired boy with goggles exclaimed and I glanced over at him.

“Don’t be surprised, boy. I thought you were a shinobi? This is war, you’ve been trained.” I spat, sounding like one of my teachers. They taught us basic shinobi criteria.

I glanced over at the Jonin of the group, a tall blond man in the regular Shinobi attire of those from the Leaf.

“Someone sent a hawk to Konoha, I’m guessing.” He nodded and I sighed, getting up as the fire dwindled down.