12. Risen

(Lukes POV)

We all have been visiting this room for weeks. I don't know the outcome, but I don't think it's going to be good. I want to try to give my mom hope, but this is so overwhelming. I don't know if she believes me whenever I say everything will be okay, because hell, I don't even believe me. We'll just see what happens, maybe today is the day he wakes up.......

(Jais POV)

I am laying on my bed listening to music when I hear Andreas voice... what the hell. She sounds like she is in the room right next to me, but she also sounds so far away.... I am freaking out, my heart begins to race, I try to speak but my mouth won't open. I try to move, but I can't move... I still hear Andrea, and a few other people... That's Luke, and my mum. What is going on... I can hear everything they are saying now. there's no way Andrea is talking to them right now, she's dead isn't she? Wait, why am I asking that. Yes she is, I have been crying my eyes out for years, well, thats what it feels like.

"Luke, I don't know if he is going to wake up." Andrea cries. What kind of sick dream is this?

"Don't think like that honey, he'll wake up. You just need to talk to him. Encourage him to wake up." My mum says.... okay, this is just weird.

"Jai... if you can hear me, I need you to wake up.... Squeeze my hand, open your eyes... Do something. I need you here with me.." Andrea says. I know this is a dream, but it feels so right. I try to squeeze her hand, but it feels like I am trying to lift 500 pounds, it is exhausting.

"Jai.... please." she cries.. I try my hardest to just give her a little squeeze.

"oh god. Gina... he squeezed my hand. I felt it!" it sounds like she is whispering now. It sounds like she is drifting away... again. Ugh. I am hating this dream right now.

I go to open my eyes, but it hurts. What the hell. I slowly open my eyes, but I am not in my bedroom. I hear beeping, everything is white, and my head is pounding. What in the world is going on?! I am so confused.... I was just sitting in my room.

"Oh my god! He's awake!" My mum shouts when she looks over at me. Why am I in a hospital.

Luke rushes in with Beau following behind him. Their faces light up, and I am still really fucking confused.

"Wow. He's awake! Where is Drea at!?" Luke says. Drea? This has got to be a joke. This isn't funny. Now I am even more confused as to what is going on.

"Guys, what is going on?" I ask. They all turn with a mix of happiness and sadness on their faces.

(Andreas POV)

I walk out of the hospital room after Jai squeezed my hand. I can't believe that happened. I should have stayed in there. What if he wakes up!? oh shit. I am starving though. I just need a cookie or something. I have been in this hospital everyday for almost 2 weeks. This has been the hardest week for me.. ever. I thought for a moment  that I lost him, but I never gave up hope. I stayed by his side the whole time. The kids have been with Ryan at his place. I feel bad for just leaving them there, but  I have to be by Jais side. I walked to the cafeteria, grabbed a cookie, and walked back to his room. When I got to the hallway, Gina, Luke, and Beau weren't out there like they were before. Maybe he woke up?? I rushed into the room to see everyone next to his bed.. My heart is racing, and I am really nervous.

"You're awake." I said quietly. Everyone turned their head, not expecting me to be there. They all moved to the side, so I could interact with Jai. 

The smile on his face is the one I've been missing this whole time. 

"Oh my god. Drea, you're alive!!" He said, as I pulled him into a hug. What the hell is he talking about? He's the one that was in a coma for two weeks.