14. Suprise!

"Mummy! Look!!" Destiny shouted, wanting me to watch Jai push her on the swings.

"Wow! Look at how high you're going!" I exclaimed, turning my attention back to Daniel. I was currently watching him slide down the same slide, multiple times..

After a few hours, running around with the kids, climbing trees, swinging, and many other activities, we decided to head home. For one, I still have to clean up after the twins.... again..... and start on dinner, since everyone will be over in a couple hours, seeing that it's almost 4 o'clock.

"Who wants ice cream!?" Jai shouted excitingly.

I glared at him, "Babe. No." I whispered.

"I want ice cream mum!!! PLEASE PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE." both of the twins exclaimed after we got them situated in their car seats.

"Mkay. How about, after dinner we will all go out for ice cream with Uncle Ry, and maybe all your other uncles too? How does that sound!" I smiled.

They both nodded, and I drove off to the house.

**

When we got in the house, Jai got the kids settled down, and he watched cartoons with them while I cleaned up everything, and started preparing the food.

I was chopping some garlic to put in the pan to give the steaks flavor when I heard someone walk in the kitchen.

I turned around really quickly surprised at who I saw.

"Oh hey Ry! I thought you were coming later?" I laughed and hugged him. He nervously hugged me back, and Jai came into the kitchen with a surprised  look on his face and a woman following behind him.

When she stepped from behind Jai, I almost dropped the knife in my hand. I set it down on the counter, and took a deep breath.

"Uh... Ryan, come into my room real quick please." I said, and grabbed his arm until we got in my room.

"What the fuck Ryan!? Why would you bring her here!?" I shouted as I slammed the door -not purposely.

"Drea, calm down... She is really trying to change, she wants to be there for you guys now." he replied, in a quieter voice than I used.

"I don't give a shit! She should have thought about that years ago! Hell, even when I was living with her, she didn't give a shit about me. If I wanted her here, I would have invited her!" I ran a hand through my hair and sighed.

"I did bring the cookies though." he smirked. Even though I was pissed, it's really hard for me to be mad at him.. He meant well... I tried to convince myself.

"Thank you... Just keep her away from me until I say I want to talk to her. Okay?" I asked.

"Deal." he said, and we shook hands.

We walked back into the living room and Jai was sitting awkwardly next to my mother on the couch.

I ignored her and walked over to Jai, "Can you help me finish this up please?" I smiled at him.

He nodded and we walked back to the kitchen.

I had a million things racing through my mind, while cooking all of this food. I pretty much spaced out the entire time, until I heard the doorbell go off.

"I'll get it." Jai said, but I stopped him.

"I got it." I smiled. I walked to the front door, and there stood Beau and Luke.

"Hey Drea!" Beau said hugging me.

"Hey guys." I replied, opening the door wider.

"You seem tense." Luke said when they walked in.