Seven

Jade's POV

"Ellie, that's a really nice name." I say kneeling down and petting her dog. "What kind of dog is he?"

"He's a German Shepherd cross Huskey." She says as she gently strokes his ear.

"I have a German Shepherd!" I say excitedly as I stand up.

Ellie smiles at me and I smile back, I tilt my head to the side slightly and narrow my eyes at her. "You're not American."

"Nope. Neither are you. I know you're from England, and I'm from Wales."

I gasp and clench my fists.

"We're sworn enemies." I say playfully and she just rolls her eyes.

I hear someone cough and I turn around to see the Cimorelli sisters stood there watching us.

"Nice to meet you." Christina says and holds her hand out for Ellie to shake.

"Aren't you Cimorelli? Like the band of six sisters?" Ellie asks as she shakes the rest of the girls hands, except for Lisa and Lauren who stand back and just watch.

"That's us!" Dani says.

"Cool, I'm a big fan."

"That's great, we better get going. Jade's probably tired she hasn't got use to the time difference. Bye Ellie. Nice meeting ya." Lauren says quickly and grabs my arm and pulls me away.

I stare at the back of her head confused as to why she didn't interact with Ellie at all apart from what she just said.

She's walking really fast and she's kinda hurting my arm.

"Lauren." I say but she ignores me. "Lauren." I repeat louder. "LAUREN!" I yell and she turns around quickly and my eyes widen as tears slowly fall down her face.

"What?!" She snaps.

"Are you okay?" I ask putting a hand on her shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm totally fine." She says wiping her eyes with the back of her hand ignoring that she's smudging her make up.

"It doesn't seem like it, why are you crying?" I ask taking a step closer to her.

She sighs and sits down on a near by bench, I sit down next to her and wait for her to tell me what's wrong.

"Every friend I've made, they've decided they like one of my sisters more and then they leave me. They completely ignore me. I thought me and you could be really good friends. You didn't seem that interested in any of the others apart from Lisa but you seem more into me." She  pauses and then groans. "I didn't mean it like you're into me, into me. Like, ugh whatever. Anyways as I was saying, I thought finally I could have my own friend...Then Ellie comes along and you start talking and messing around like you're old friends. I'm just scared you'll forget about me and just hang out with her."

I scoot closer to her and wrap my arm around her shoulder and she rests her head on me.

"I'm not gonna lie, I might have other friends apart from you but you'll always be number one. You'll be my best friend. I'm not gonna abandon you. Not like your other so called friends have done to you. And like my so called friends have done to me. I promise."

She sits up and looks into my eyes and smiles. "Thanks Jay."

She wraps her arms around me in a hug and I wrap my arms around her, hugging her back.

"Now." I say pulling away and wiping her eyes. "How's about just me and you hang out? We could go watch a movie or something."

"Sure." She says and stands up.

As we're walking I can't help but feel my heart ache for her. All she's ever known is abandonment by the people she thought were her friends. They're so stupid how could you not want to be friends with her? Lauren is amazing and I'm never going to abandon her. I made her a promise and I intend to keep it.

"So what are you doing about school?" Lauren asks looping her arm through mine.

"Well my Mum said, because I'm in my last year...Or grade...Or whatever, that there's no point in me starting at school so I'm going to be home schooled."

"Oh cool, Dani and I are home schooled too so you should come over and do your work with us!"

"Okay." I laugh.

We carry on walking just talking about random stuff and I feel so comfortable talking to Lauren. We've only known eachother a day and I already know she's a true friend.