Twenty One

Lauren's POV

I'm glad I have someone like Jade in my life. The things Ellie said not only hurt myself, but they also hurt my sisters. We act like we don't care but we do. We're still human and we can still be hurt.

When Jade said those things to me it made me like her even more than I do. She's the only one who has made me feel beautiful since...A very long time.

I just don't understand how I could be so lucky. She's just amazing.

"I'm bored." Dani whines throwing her arms up in the air.

"Let's go play football." I suggest using my awful English accent.

Jade shifts slightly on the sofa so she faces me, and her jaw drops as she places a hand over her heart. "I find that accent very offensive. We don't all come from London." She then turns serious which causes me to laugh. "What is it with you Americans? Someone says England you all think London? There's other places too. Manchester, Newcastle, Birmingham, Liverpool."

"It was a joke...Calm down." I say placing a hand on her arm and she just sighs and stands up.

"Let's go play footie."

-

The teams are, me, Jade and Dani vs Amy, Christina and Lisa with Katherine being the ref.

We pass it around a few times, before Dani passes it to Jade who runs past Christina and does a turn with the ball past Lisa and then chips it over Amy who is in goal.

"Hey, that's not fair. I'm too small to be in goal!" Amy pouts as Jade runs around with her arms spread out before sliding on her knees in front of  our goal.

"I'll go in goal." Christina says walking over to switch places with Amy.

They kick off again, but Jade quickly tackles Amy getting the ball back and passes it to me. I go to shoot but Lisa tackles me and gets the ball.

She runs up to our net but Jade is there and gets the ball back once more. Lisa nudges Jade off the ball which turns into a full on wrestling match.

"Lisa." Jade says wrapping her arms around Lisa from behind and picking her up slightly.

"Jade." She squeals and kicks around before accidently elbowing Jade in the stomach.

She instantly drops Lisa on the ground as she clutches her stomach and gasps for air.

"Jade don't panic. Just breathe normally." Katherine says kneeling down in front of her.

"Idiot." I roll my eyes and slap Lisa who looks sad. "It was an accident. Chill."

Jade is soon back to her feet but she hears her phone go off so she races off to get that first.

"I didn't mean to hurt her." Lisa says sadly.

"We know and she knows. Don't be sad." Dani says hugging Lisa.

Soon Jade walks back outside holding her phone and looks mad.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"It's Ellie. She wants to talk about earlier."