One

Jade's POV

"Welcome to Nashville." Our Taxi driver smiled as he proceeded to drive us to our new home.

I sighed and rested my head against the window and watched the cars we passed, the buildings, new people. This was my new life.

My Mum and Dad began to talk to the taxi driver, asking about the best places to eat and where to go, what to do. Stuff like that. I grabbed my phone from out of my pocket and turned it on. My Dad made sure all of our phones could phone and text to our friends and family back in England without getting charged.

I felt my heart drop as I saw I had no texts from my friends but they could be busy, there is a time differance.

I plugged my headphones in and put my music on shuffle. I turned up the music loud as This Is War by Thirty Seconds To Mars played and I closed my eyes.

All I could think about was my friends and family. Were they thinking about me? Did they miss me?

What if they didn't care?

A few minutes later I was being shaken, I opened my eyes to see my Dad stood next to the car and I gave him a confused look.

"We're here. You fell asleep."

I nod my head once and turn my music off and wrap my headphones around my phone and take my seatbelt off and get out of the car slowly, still a little bit tired.

My Mum hands me my bag and I sling it over my shoulder and look up at the house.

It was quite big which surprised me considering it was just me, my parents and our big German Shepherd who we were collecting tomorrow because he had to be in quarantine for two weeks to make sure he had no diseases.

"Do you want help with anything?" I ask turning around to face my Dad who just shook his head as he picked up one of the suitcases.

"All of the boxes have already been placed in the rooms they belong in, so you can go unpack your things if you want." He says walking past me and into the house.

"Okay. I'll go do that then." I say to myself and walk inside the house and look around.

It doesn't feel like home. I don't want to call this place home. It's not my home and it never will be my home. As soon as I turn eighteen I'm moving back to England. My actual home.

I slowly walk upstairs and look through each room trying to find my bedroom, I eventually find it and notice my bed has already been set up and made, the same with my wardrobe except there's no clothes inside.

Before I open one of the boxes I turn my music on loud, it seems to make time go quicker and it worked.

After about an hour or hour and half, which felt like ten minutes everything was unpacked.

I layed on my bed scrolling through my phone, still waiting on a text.

I hear a knock on the door and I sigh.

"Come in." I shout.

The door opens and I lower my phone to see my Mum stood there dressed up. I lift my phone back up to my face and scroll through my Twitter feed.

"Going anywhere nice?" I ask.

"Me and your Father are going out to get a few things. If there's a knock on the door it'll be one of the neighbours. They came round earlier and we asked them if they could check in on you whilst we were gone." She says.

I sit up quickly and lock my phone.

"Really?! You're leaving for what, an hour? An hour or two? And you're making a stranger check in on me?! Maybe he, or she is a murder or rapist! You could go and come back and I could be gone. I'm sixteen! I can look after myself for a few hours." I argue.

My Mum sits down on the edge of my bed and places her hand on my leg and sighs.

"She's the same age as you. Maybe you two could be friends."

"I don't want new friends! I want my old friends!"

"The same friends who haven't sent you a text to see if you're here safely?" My Mum raises her eyebrows.

She has a point. I unlock my phone to see no messages still and I sigh sadly.

"If they really were your friends they would have text you to see if you're okay. Now...If she comes round just..Be nice okay? And atleast try to be friends with her."

"Okay."

My Mum stands up and kisses the top of my head.

"We won't be long." She says as she walks out of my room.

Once she's gone and I hear the door open and shut I grab a pillow and scream into it.

I scream and scream and let all my anger and fustration out. I cry a little but quickly wipe my eyes as I hear a knock on the door.

Time to meet my new neighbour.