Forty Two

Jade's POV

I couldn't stay asleep, I'd fall asleep then wake up a few minutes later. I sat up slowly and winced at the slight sting. Looking around I noticed Lauren wasn't in my bed unless she was a dream..

I heard crying come from downstairs and I gussed that must be Lauren. I managed to climb out of bed slowly and walked downstairs. The crying was coming from the kitchen so I walked in to see her hugging Daryl and her body shaking.

I quietly walked over to her and sat down, biting my lip as the pain got worse the further I sat down. Once I was fully sat down I gently pulled Lauren away from Daryl and pulled her into me arms.

She wrapped her arms around me tightly and even though she was kinda hurting me, I didn't care. I kissed the top of her head and rubbed her back gently.

"What's wrong?" I whispered and she pulled away wiping her eyes.

"I'm trying to be brave, trying not to care but I care so much. I don't want you to leave. I want you to stay here with me forever. I love you." Lauren cried.

"I want to stay here too. I didn't want to move here...Now I don't want to leave. I really care about you Lauren Cimorelli...You are my girlfriend and no amount of distance will change that. One day we'll be in the same place forever. Have our own little family." I chuckled.

"Really? You see yourself having a future with me?"

"With you and only you."

She smiled and leaned in to me and I cupped one side of her face as she kissed me. My hand traveled to her hair and I tangled my fingers in it.

She pulled away and rested her forhead on mine.

"I love you." I whispered.

"You do?" She asked with a huge grin.

"I do. With all my heart."

Her smile grew as she stood up and helped me up.

"How do you feel?" She asked wrapping her arm around me.

"Like I could win a race." I said sarcastically and she rolled her eyes.

"I wanna show you something." She said and grabbed my Converse as she sat me down and put them on me.

"I don't feel like walking."

"It's just to my house."

"Okay..." I said and she helped me stand and we walked to her house, her arm around me tightly to make sure I don't fall.

She opened the door and we were greeted by a tall boy with black spikey hair.

"Lauren." He smiled.

"Luke." She gasped.

He walked towards us and he wrapped his arms around her in a loving hug.

The rest of the girls walked into the hallway and they looked sad and mad.

Who is he?