Forty Six

Jade's POV

As we layed cuddled up together, I couldn't help but think about who could have done this. There was nobody out there that we know of who would want to hurt me or Lauren.

"What are you thinking about?" Lauren asked turning her body to face me and burying her head into my neck.

"Just thinking about how much I love you." I lied.

Lauren nudged me slightly, she knew I was lying. Do I really want to tell her what Ellie said? Maybe Ellie is lying. Maybe Ellie is the one who drove the car...But was she really capable of murder or attempted murder like she said?

"Babe tell me."

I looked down at her and she was blushing as she realised what she called me.

"Well babe Ellie told me that two people were involved in what happend and she knows who, but she's being threatend so she can't tell anyone."

"Oh...Maybe she's lying."

"I don't know...When I looked into her eyes she looked so sad. Like whatever she looked at on her phone made her sad...." I stopped and sat up as quick as I could without hurting myself. "Her phone. She looked at her phone and then she kissed me. Someone was watching us and they told her to. We need to get her phone." I said quickly as I began to put my shoes on.

"Let's do it tomorrow, your parents will be back soon and if they see you doing too much they'll freak out."

I nodded my head, she was right if my parents found out what an eventful day I've had they will certainly freak out.

"WHERE IS SHE?!"

Shit...My Mum.

"JADE GET YOUR BACKSIDE DOWN HERE NOW!"

I walked out of Lauren's room slowly and held my hand up telling her to wait.

"Stay here." I said quietly and she nodded her head.

I walked down the stairs to see my Mum stood there with my Dad.

"Look, if Jade doesn't want to move then she can stay here." I heard Lynne say.

"No. She is coming back with us. It's your daughter that is the problem. She got hit by a car because of Lauren. She is supposed to be resting but I'm damn sure she's here right now which is also Lauren's fault!"

"Just calm down. Jade is a big girl now." Mike said.

"Don't tell me what to do."

"Mum! Just please stop! I love it here with the Cimorelli family. They're the only real friends I've had in a long time." I said making myself known. "It wasn't Lauren's fault I got hit by a car. I did that. I chose to push her out of the way. I chose to come here because whether you like it or not I lo-" I stopped mid sentence quickly remembering that her parents don't know about us yet. "I love this family. And I wanna stay...With or without you here."

I saw in her eyes that those last words hurt her, but she quickly composed herself and nodded her head. "If that's how it's going to be. Don't ever contact us again."

"Mum!"

"Don't ever try to find us."

"Amanda!" My Dad said.

"Dad don't let her do this..."

"You don't want that to happen? Then choose. Them or your family."

I looked down and then turned to look behind me to see Lauren stood there watching silently crying.

"Family."