Chapter Eleven

It's finally my birthday weekend, and I'm nervous as hell for what Rhett has planned. Grace has been in my room all morning, and refuses to let me see what she packs. Every now and then, she'll check her phone and then dig through my closet.

"Please just tell me what we're doing." I beg.

Grace smiles and shakes her head. "Rhett will have my head if I do. He's so set on this being a weekend you'll never forget."

I groan and roll over on the bed. "But I hate not knowing."

"Trust us we know." Rhett's voice appears in the doorway. "Is she all packed or what?"

Grace nods her head. "Just finished. When are we leaving?"

"Right now." Liam appears in the doorway as well. "Grace's car is loaded up, and the tank is full."

"I've got snacks and drinks." Nathan calls. "Rhett's got the music."

"Aren't you guys supposed to be in practice?" I question.

"Coach canceled." Rhett says. "So the sooner we're on the road, the sooner we can get there."

"That's convenient." I mumble. "How long are we going to be in the car?"

They all glance at each other and wait for Rhett to answer.

"Eight hours." He says.

My eyes widen and my jaw drops. "Someone better tell me where the fuck we're going, or I am not getting in the car!"

Rhett just a laughs, and comes into my room and sweeps me off my feet, just like he did the night I got drunk. Liam and Nathan laugh, as they lead Grace out the door. Rhett continues to carry me, despite my protesting, until we make it out to the car. He puts me down on the ground once I'm by the door. He glances around the car, watching as the other three blab on and on about how excited they are for this.

He leans in closely. "Let's just say you can cross number nine, forty six, maybe seventy one and ninety three off your list this weekend."

He grins at me, knowing I don't remember what all of the numbers are. A laugh escapes his lips as he pushes me towards the car. We all pile in: Grace driving, Liam next to her, and me in the backseat squished between Nathan and Rhett. The cord is passed to the backseat and Rhett plugs in his phone. He surprises me with his taste in music; he has a mixture of everything. After an hour of being on the road, he switches songs and glances at me, waiting for a reaction. Sweet Child of Mine blares through the speakers and I start dancing in my seat, playing air guitar and singing along to every word. Liam watches me through the rearview mirror and laughs.

"I still can't believe you got a fucking tattoo." Liam sighs. "And you went with her."

Rhett laughs as Liam points through the mirror at him.

"She's a big girl." Rhett says. "Handled it like a pro too!"

"It's looks awesome, Cari." Grace says. "I love it."

"It was after her shitty date." Rhett says. "I knew she needed some cheering up."

Liam rolls his eyes and slouches back in his seat. More music is played as we continue the long drive, but eight hours and four pit stops later we arrive in Galveston after eleven.

"We're in Galveston?" I question.

"Rhett found out you've never been to the beach, and decided we had to go." Liam says. "Everything was his idea."