Glasses (ReixReader)

A/N: Sorry for the delayed upload. I've been busy lately and my original draft ending felt rushed and I wanted a friend's opinion on it. (Minor edits)
______________________________________________________________

It was a beautiful, sunny afternoon and you went up to the roof of Iwatobi High School to meet the swim club for lunch. When you got there, only Rei was waiting. Looked like your other friends were going to be a little late. "Hi Rei!" you greeted with a big smile. "Where is everybody else?"

"Hi (F/n). Nagisa went to buy Iwatobi-chan bread with Gou. As for Haruka-senpai and Makoto-senpai, I don't know."

"Oh, well we'll just have to wait for them then." Then you walked up to the blue-haired male and were peering at his glasses. "Can I see something?" you asked the tall male.

"Um, sure." He was unsure though what it was you wanted to see. Ever since you had met the bluenette you had wanted to see just how blind he was without his glasses.

You knew he needed them to see because his goggles had slipped down during practice one day, and you had heard from Nagisa that that was not good. He wore prescription goggles to compete.

You reached up and took off his red-rimmed glasses then proceeded to put them on over your (color) eyes. "You really are blind without these, huh," you said more as an observation than a question.

"Yes, I am. May I have my glasses back now?" he asked, but he wasn't irritated. You were about to comply when you heard someone yell your name.

"(F/n)-chan!!!" Nagisa ran up to you and pounced on your back. He did it with so much force that Rei's glasses slipped off your nose and fell to the roof floor. You could hear the lenses crack. Both you and Nagisa had horrified expressions on your faces. Uh-oh.

Rei calmly picked up his glasses and put them back on over his purple orbs. Both lenses were severely cracked. "Look what you've done Nagisa to my beautiful glasses." The aura around Rei grew dark even though his expression and tone of voice didn't betray any sign of anger. That fuming fury was scarier than Rei yelling.

Nagisa gulped out of nervousness. You stood in front of the blonde with your arms outstretched protectively. It was partially your fault why the glasses got damaged. "It's totally my fault Rei, so no need to get mad at Nagisa-chan. They wouldn't have gotten broken if I didn't take them."

The aura around Rei disappeared as he let out a sigh. "It's okay. I have a spare in my bag and I can always get a new pair."

"Wow, (F/n)-chan," Nagisa whispered in your ear with this hand blocking his lips from Rei. "You're like magic. Rei didn't yell at you." Usually he would yell at Nagisa for his ridiculousness and antics, but that totally went out the window when it came to you. "I bet Rei-chan likes you!"

His comment made your cheeks flush. "I-I doubt that," you said in a low voice. Nagisa only gave you a knowing smile.

You yourself had a crush on Rei. It was adorable how he thought he was always right, and that funny laugh he does always makes you smile. But what really got you interested in him was the fact that he always tries his best to improve himself in swimming. That, and his dedication to his friends, was inspiring.

Soon the others met the three of you on the roof and you all enjoyed your lunches together. Rei had located his spare glasses in his bag and put them on. Makoto had questioned what happened and you and Nagisa explained the mishap. You felt a little guilty over the whole thing, but Rei reassured you again that it was alright.

_______________________________________________________________

Classes ended and you were done packing your things in your bag and you decided to talk to Rei. "Hey Rei?" He turned his attention to you from putting his own stuff away. "When you go to get your new glasses I'd like to come with you."