Gaming Buddies (MakotoxReader)

A/N: Hello everybody! So my plan to start posting again on a pretty regular basis has obviously not gone as planned. I apologize for another long absence.

This one-shot is for Blue_Boba. Thank you for making the 500th vote on my book! Blue's request was for a Makoto x reader where they play Splatoon 2 together. It's not terribly long, but I hope you like it!

Thank you to the rest of my lovely readers who have voted, commented, and just even read my book as well! I now have over 12k reads! It just blows my mind, so thank you again to everyone 🤗

I forgot to say something with the last one, but...it was part 40! I couldn't believe I've written that many one-shots. I also keep seeing random ranks for both my books and it's amazed me how high they've been in the different categories I've seen. Like for instance my lemon book was #2 in HARUKAXREADER on August 8 (and it was literally in all caps).

Anyway, for those who have played Splatoon 2, I did quite a bit of research to make sure to be as accurate as possible. I had already started writing about the second boss, Octo Samurai, before watching a couple videos of people fighting it, and they made it look so easy. I didn't want to rewrite that part as it is the majority of this one-shot, so if you've found that boss easy as well to beat, just imagine it being a harder boss.

I hope you all enjoy!
_______________________________

"Good morning, Mako-chan, Haru!" you exclaimed when entering class 2-1.

Makoto chuckled then said, "You're in high spirits today (F/n)-chan."

"Yep! I've been playing this game, Splatoon 2, and it's so awesome! You play as a creature called an Inkling, and you go around splatting everything in whatever color you choose. You can play by yourself in Hero Mode, or there's Turf War and other modes for Ranked Battles. It's totally cool!" You were smiling from ear to ear explaining the game.

Makoto's eyes rounded in recognition. "Oh! I've wanted to play that game. It does sound awesome."

"Are you free on Saturday? I can bring the game and we can play it."

"Sure," he replied with a smile. "Mind if I ask Haru?"

"The more the merrier!"

Makoto turned to Haru who was looking out the window as usual. "Do you want to play it with us Haru?"

Haru turned his attention to his childhood friend to reply. "I'll pass," he said in his monotone voice and went back to looking out the window.

"Looks like just the two of us," you said, shrugging your shoulders at Haru's answer. "Do you have a Nintendo Switch?" Makoto shook his head no. "I'll bring the game and console over Saturday then," you added before heading to your seat.
_______________________________

Saturday came quickly and you were excited to show the game you've been obsessed with since you got it to Makoto. You had it and the Switch in an over the shoulder bag.

You knocked on the Tachibana household's door and it was answered by Makoto's mom. "Hi Mrs. Tachibana," you greeted the older woman with a smile.

She responded with a smile of her own and said, "Hi (F/n). Come on in. Makoto's in his room waiting for you."

Just as you stepped in the house and the door was closed, the twins came running toward you. "(F/n)-chan!" they shouted in unison. They had big smiles on their faces as they each grabbed one of your arms.

"Can we play the game with you and onii-chan?" Ran asked.

"Yeah! Can we?" Ren followed after.

"Not today you two," their mom answered. "You play video games with your brother and Haru all the time. Let's let them play alone."