Halloween Party (VariousxReader)

A/N: This is my longest one-shot yet! Over 5100 words without this introductory author's note! It took me forever to write and some time to edit. So that's why it's two weeks instead of one for the update.

For this one-shot it involves all the boys from the first season of Free! You have your own moment with each of them, and I've clearly marked those moments (if you want to read for just one character you can skip the others, or read all of them). Think of each moment like an extra part like at the end of a one-shot, so it's not like you like all of them at the same time. I tried to make it so that if you decide to skip a boy's moment it won't affect the flow of the story (at least I hope so.)

Also, yesterday was Makoto's birthday. Happy belated birthday to Mako-chan!!!!

I hope everyone likes this one-shot! I certainly had fun writing it.
____________________________________________________________

Today was Halloween and you were super excited. Luckily it was a Saturday so you and the others could celebrate as long as you wanted. You and the boys, plus Gou, were going to be celebrating at Haru's place since he lived by himself. And it took a lot of convincing to get him to agree.

____________________________________________________________

Haru had rejected your proposal for the tenth time that day. He just wouldn't budge on having everyone over for Halloween. Said it was too much trouble. He didn't say so, but it also wasn't water related so he wasn't particularly interested. Even when you mentioned bobbing for apples.

Then it occurred to you. What did Haru love just about as much water?

Mackerel.

You knew he wouldn't say no this time. So you asked again when you, Makoto, and Haru made it to your house after school.

You turned to Haru. "Haru," you bowed, closed your eyes, and clapped your hands together, "please let us have the party at your house. I'll cook you mackerel for a month." You opened a closed eye to look and see if he would agree. You saw that sparkle in his cerulean eyes.

He would have agreed if you said you'd cooked anything for him. He liked your cooking a lot and saying mackerel just really sealed the deal. "Okay," he said in his usual monotone.

"Yes! Thank you so, so much! I gotta text Nagisa," and you ran inside your house after giving the two boys a wave goodbye.

____________________________________________________________

So the plans were put into motion. Everyone was to meet at Haru's around 1 to set up. Then the party would start after preparations were done and everyone met back after changing into their costumes.

You were currently shopping with Gou for food you'd be preparing for the party. You already knew you'd be getting mackerel. "I'm glad I could convince Onii-chan to come!" Gou said beside you as you browsed through the ground beef.

"It'll be fun having everyone together. It just wouldn't be the same without Rin. You two are wearing matching costumes right?" you asked as you picked up two pounds of ground beef that was on sale.

"Yep! We'll both be police officers. We haven't done a sibling costume since we were little. I'm super excited!" the redhead gushed.

The two of you moved on to the fish and you picked up a couple fillets of mackerel. You were planning on making fried mackerel dumplings. You then gathered the rest of the ingredients for that.

Other than the dumplings and mini hamburgers, you were going to make a Halloween themed party mix with pretzels shaped like bats, peanuts, orange and black chocolate pieces, and you found ghost shaped marshmallows.