The Breakup (jealous! MakotoxReader)

A/N: So here is another request by AoyamaRiku. This one is for April Fools Day. I had to think long and hard about how I wanted this one to go. I feel good about it and ended up adding some more detail as I started posting it.

I hope you guys like it!
__________________________________________________

To: Mako-chan

From: (F/n)

Subject: We Need to Talk

Hey Makoto. Have you ever seen the movie "Other People"? I think we should see it...in other words...we should break up. It's not you I promise, it's me. I like someone else.

You couldn't believe you were using so many clichés. You took a deep breath and hit send.

You and Makoto have been dating for several months. Not once has he argued with you, or gotten jealous. So you had come up with this plan. What better time to fake break up with him and try to make him jealous than April Fools Day. But you needed an accomplice to help with the second part.

So, you asked your childhood friend, Rin Matsuoka, to help you out.
__________________________________________________

A couple days prior to sending the break up email on March 31.

You tagged along with the Iwatobi gang to a joint practice with Samezuka so you could ask for Rin's help in your plan. You tried not to show that something was up.

At the end of the practice, you told the others, "You guys can go on back without me. I wanted to talk to Rin for a bit." It didn't really seem that odd to the others since you rarely got to talk to the redhead by yourself, other than through texts.

"Bye (F/n)-chan! See you tomorrow!" Nagisa waved, and the others said see you later as well.

When they were gone, you turned to Rin. "Can I talk to you out in the hall?" You gestured over to the doors that lead to the locker room.

"Sure." The two of you went out. Rin behind you as you led the way.

"We're best friends, right?" you asked turning to face the shark boy; a serious look in your eyes.

"Yeah..."

"Can I ask you for huge favor?"

"What is it?"

"Well...I've been dating Makoto for several months now, and he's never once shown he was jealous of other guys talking to me or anything. So I came up with an April Fools prank of sorts. I was planning on faking a breakup with him. But I need your help to make him jealous. Will you help?" Your (color) eyes pleading.

"Did you ask Haru first?"

"Do you really think he'd agree? He wouldn't be convincing or care because he loves water too much."

"Good point. Are you sure though you want to break up with him?"

You nodded your head affirmatively. "I was going to tell him I like someone else. That way he believes the breakup, and us flirting together is believable. Otherwise I don't think he'd get jealous," you explained.

"Alright, I'll help you out," Rin agreed.

"Thanks Rin! You're the best!" You gave him a thank you hug. After that, you discussed your plan with him and worked out the details.
__________________________________________________

You knew breaking up through text was a terrible way to do it, but you didn't think you could even pretend to do it in person. Seeing Makoto would ruin your resolve.