Chapter 8

Clarke spent the entire day cleaning yesterday and the first half of her day today going through her clothes. She organized her closet and picked an outfit out for the party tonight. She walked to the kitchen taking note of the flashing light on the phone indicating a new message.

She swiped the home screen

'2 new messages'

Party is at 7, you can come over early if you want - Bellamy

She took a second to add him to her phone before checking the next message.

'7 pm is party start, come hang earlier if you are free - Octavia'

Clarke added Octavia to her contacts, before checking the time. '4:00 Perfect' She thought to herself. She got dressed. A dark pair of blue jeans and a low v cut black tank top with a red, white, and blue star on the bottom right side, She put her hair up in a clip, applied her makeup, a quick perfume spray and she was done.

She put on some heels that looked like strappy sandals, grabbed her keys and phone, heading out the door. She took a quick trip to the liquor store and the small grocery store on the corner. By the time she got back to the building she was regretting buying so much. She unlocked the door letting herself in the building, holding the door with her foot as she picked all the bags up that she set down. She struggled to keep them all in her hands, letting out a breath of relief when she approached her neighbors door. She kicked the bottom a few times not wanting to set bags down again.

Lincoln opened the door stepping to the side as she headed for the counter sliding the bags across it.

"Whats all this?" Octavia asked.

"I brought my drink of choice, soda to mix and I grabbed some snacks, figured I could atleast contribute if I'm going to attend"

"Wish everyone thought like you" Octavia said, Lincoln nodding in agreement behind her.

"It's almost party time, you are the first guest, you look amazing by the way" Octavia said grabbing some bowls for snacks. The girls set up the food, Octavia got dressed and they were all set up for the party. Clarke was picking a radio station when the door opened hiding her behind it.

" I figured the hot librarian would be here by now"

" Dax, shut up, she already told you she's not interested" Bellamy's voice entered the room.

" You interested? " Dax asked Bellamy.

Clarke could see Octavia smirking.

" She's not looking for someone, do you not recall the conversation you had with her?" Bellamy asked.

Clarke cleared her throat causing the two men to jump, and turn around startled. Lincoln laughing as he watched the scene from the balcony.

"Fellas, how are you?" She greeted.

"Good" they replied in unison.

" That's good" she replied going back to choosing music.

" Real smooth" she heard Octavia make fun of them, followed by mumbling she couldn't understand. She found a station and joined the group at the counter, she pulled a stool up next to Bellamy. Her leg brushed his as she sat down causing him to look at her. He smiled at her giving her outfit an appreciative look, before turning to continue his conversation.

She grabbed her whiskey and her soda, mixing her drink. She took a sip as Bellamy turned back to her.

"What's your poison?" He asked.