Chapter 14

Bellamy stood in the shower letting the hot water cascade over his body.

The game replaying in his mind. The sound of the crowd's concern falling over the field, turning around and seeing Clarke layed out on the green grass, a member of the opposite team standing over her. His heart stopped, his mind willing her to move. His prayer answered when she started gasping for air. His body filled with rage, someone had to answer for that. They had to answer to him. He was about to single Gustus out, knowing only he could make that call, when he heard his name fall from her lips, she looked pale and her balance slightly off. She wanted to finish the game, he just wanted to take her home. She was determined and he wasn't going to disappoint her.

On the way home he listened to Lincoln and Wick talking, that hit was meant for him and she intercepted it. What was she thinking taking a hit like that? He was going to ask her.

He washed up quick, getting dressed. Threw on a new pair of dark blue jeans and a white long sleeve shirt. Got some cologne on and exited Octavia's bathroom. Fully prepared to give Clarke a piece of his mind if she had arrived. Just as he hit the living room he heard a series of whistles. He rounded the corner just as Miller pulled Clarke into the room.

He stopped to take in the beautiful view , he leaned against the wall, his eyes glued to her every move. She looked beautiful and all his thoughts about the game disappeared. The only thing filling his head now was thoughts of Clarke in that dress. His mouth ran dry as his eyes traveled up her legs, legs that belonged tangled with his, his hands begged to be on her waist, the front of the dress was dangerously low cut and he enjoyed the view, however he felt himself become slightly jealous that other people got to enjoy the view also. His eyes slid up her bare neck, his mind reeling at what it would be like to run his lips across her collar bone. He moved his gaze to her face, her eyes locked on his. She held his gaze momentarily before Octavia tapped her. He watched her cheeks gradually become pink, as she stood talking to his sister.

"Dude, snap out of it" Wick's voice brought him crashing into reality.

"Everyone now feels awkward, If the way you watched her wasn't foreplay I don't know what is, you basically had your way with her from across the room" he added.

"Shut up, we are just friends, lets get going" he said walking across the room.

"Bellamy, you clean up well" Clarke said turning to him, she reached up behind him giving him full view down her dress, he felt her fingers dust the back of his neck as she tucked the tag to his shirt. Something so simple and it was setting him on fire. 'What is wrong with you, control yourself' He scolded himself, sneaking one last peak down her dress. She stood on her tip toes placing a kiss to his cheek.

"I retract my last statement, It doesn't do you justice, you look very handsome, you will be driving women everywhere crazy" she smiled. A grin broke across his face, he lowered his mouth to her ear.

"You shouldn't be allowed to wear that dress, You look breathtaking" He whispered, his lips grazing her cheek. Her eyes met his as she pulled away, the look was intense, like she could see right through him.

"Thank you" she replied barely audible. He nodded offering his arm to her, smiles crossing their faces as she slipped her arm through his. They headed to the door, not taking notice of all the eyes in the room watching them.

...

They sat in the taxi quietly, Bellamy, Clarke, and Miller all squeezed in the backseat. Clarke couldn't help but think about the way Bellamy leaned against the wall at the apartment. His white shirt bringing out his darker skin tone, his wet curls hanging in every direction, he was perfection. The way his eyes were fixated on every part of her, made her feel vulnerable and out of breath. Her body screamed for his touch, and if that wasn't enough he has to compliment her on her dress with his lips so close to her ear, before letting them graze her cheek, she could still feel the tingle left from the brief touch of his lips. If given the chance he could have had his way with her that very second and she would have melted like putty in his hands.

Miller was giving the driver directions quietly. Bellamy's hand rested on her leg, the effect it was having was searing, and she was hoping for her sanity, that they were close to their destination.

A few more blocks and they had arrived, Bellamy offering Clarke his hand to step out. Her hand fit into his perfectly, he hesitated letting go. Miller slid out behind her shutting the door. Two more taxi's pulled up with the rest of their friends.

"I'm going to go with Octavia, I'll see you in there" She said giving his hand a squeeze before releasing it, he just nodded in response running his hand through his hair.

"Let's go get a drink, the tension between you two is enough to make me want one" Miller said patting him on the back. Bellamy just chuckled shaking his head following Miller. A drink was a good idea, he needed something to help him relax a bit. Wick helped Raven put some food on the tables and then joined the guys.

"So don't feed me any crap about you two just being friends" Wick said as he approached them.

"Nothing like beating around the bush, huh?" Bellamy asked

"What's the deal, C'mon, it's me and Miller, no lying here"

"Guy's we are just friends, nothing has happened, I doubt anything will happen"

"Do you like her?" Miller questioned.

"Yea, shes alright" he smirked,

"Just alright?, because I have some friends that are interested in her" Wick stated

"Alright, if she was looking for a man, I would definitely be interested, however I know shes not so I'm just waiting it out"

"I knew it" Miller smiled.

"Fair enough, guess I'll tell them to back off" Wick replied as he and his self satisfied smirk headed into the crowd.