Chapter 19

Clarke woke up cold, a musty smell mixed with Bellamy's cologne jolted her eyes open. 'Bellamy?'

She moved into a sitting position, taking note she was on a concrete floor, alone in a room with no windows, it was dimly lit by a hanging light. Undoubtedly a basement. Her head pounded, she looked down at her feet, they were bare, she had on running shorts and Bellamy's sweatshirt. 'That explains his cologne'

She wasn't sure how long she slept, she remembered being dragged down the hall to a waiting car, once she was shoved in the seat someone grabbed her from behind, covering her mouth, that was all she remembered. She let her head fall back leaning against the wall. The pounding in her head was almost deafening, worse then any hangover she had ever endured.

"Where the hell am I?" she whispered to herself, listening for any sounds to clue her in on a possibility of life outside that door. Nothing but silence.

Her mind filtered through thoughts of her friends, 'They are going to think I left willingly when they find those letters, probably better off that way. They will be safe if they aren't looking for me'

"Murphy, where are you?" she whispered to herself. Her eyes scanning the room for anything to use as a weapon, there was nothing in there but her, not even dirt on the floor.

After what felt like eternity the door creaked open and light flooded the room. She took those few seconds to scan the environment behind the person in the doorway, She wasn't in a basement, it was a garage storage room, it looked like they were on ground level.

"If it isn't the Princess" a female voice sounded. Clarke's eyes shot up. 'It couldn't be.'

"Lexa" Clarke said standing to be level with her.

"Your boyfriend must be wondering where his star player is" she said eyeing the sweatshirt Clarke wore.

"What the fuck is this?" Clarke asked ignoring her comment.

"Please Clarke, don't act stupid, it is not becoming of you. You know what this is. We are just waiting for Nyko to arrive, Murphy should be here shortly, he is on babysitting detail." She replied exiting as fast as she entered. Clarke listened to the lock click in place. She spent a good length of time pacing that room, she wanted to scream for help, she doubted she was anywhere anyone could hear her, they weren't stupid. The door opened wide enough for a bag to be dropped in before it closed and locked again. Clarke picked the bag up, an apple and a water. 'Perfect, at least I'll be fed and hydrated when I die'

She had been anticipating this moment for sometime, she knew they would find her eventually, 'You don't out run people like that. You don't even get out with your life.', suddenly sadness washed over her and she could feel tears building. It finally hit her, this wasn't something she was coming back from. Even if Murphy was her sitter, they would kill him if they found out he tried to help her. She fought the tears to the best of her ability. She was stupid to think this wouldn't happen. Someone somewhere was going to find her in Bellamy's sweatshirt dead in some alley.

"God, Bellamy, I'm sorry" she whispered as she slid down the wall. She felt awful, somehow he was going to be pulled into this and it wasn't fair. She pulled her knees to her chest. The door flew open and she didn't even look up, she didn't care who it was, nothing mattered.

"Clarke, are you alright?" It was Murphy, she gave him a weak nod, still not taking the time to look up at him.

"You're going to be alright, now that I know where you are, I have to call Bellamy and Roma. Sit tight" he whispered. Clarke shot up making him take a step back.

"You told Bellamy?" she whispered harshly.

"I'm sorry, when he's seconds away from pummeling my face into his sisters wall, yes I felt the need to fill him in" He replied sarcastically before shutting the door.

"Murphy!" she yelled banging on the door. She could hear him talking on the phone. It was no use, he wasn't going to listen to her anyway.

Her fear was turning to anger in a hurry, she was mad at Nyko, mad at Finn, mad at Murphy, She was furious with herself. She should have just turned herself over to Nyko in the beginning, now she was dragging people down with her, people who didn't deserve it. She didn't deserve it! The whole thing was crazy.

She heard the door unlock, she stood ready to unleash holy hell on Murphy for telling Bellamy anything. Only Murphy didn't round the corner, Lexa did.

"Oh I see you look more lively...Good, Follow me" Lexa smiled.

"I'm not going anywhere" Clarke stated, Lexa turned standing toe to toe with her.

"You will come with me or they will drag you" Lexa spoke calmly as Murphy and someone she has never seen entered the room.

"Or if you like we could just jump the gun, shoot you now and let your debt fall to Bellamy, or maybe that girl from the library" Lexa leaned in and finished her statement through clenched teeth.

Clarke locked eyes with her, before she could be dragged she spit in Lexa's face.

"Touch my friends and I'll fucking kill you!" As soon as the word's left her mouth. The guy she didn't recognize grabbed a hold of her and she knocked him to the ground with moves courtesy of Bellamy's defense training.

Murphy's eyes met her as he approached her. He grabbed her from behind.

"Don't fight it" he whispered to her. She struggled against him, making him work to hold on to her, she felt the need to fight back, so Lexa couldn't tell he was helping her and partly because she was scared.

Murphy guided her out to the car shoving her in the back seat before sliding in next to her. Lexa slid into the drivers seat, the other guy in the passenger seat checking the cut on his face in the mirror where she hit him. Murphy reached over giving her hand a quick squeeze. She could feel his phone vibrate through the seat. She watched him open his messages and smirk, shaking his head looking at her. She just gave him a questioning look. He turned the phone so she could see.

Bellamy: Protect her with your life, If she dies I'll murder you.