Chapter 20: Subtle Life

Charlottes P.O.V

I was sitting on my confy bed, trimming and painting my nails, when I heard a huge thunderous conversation echoing from downstairs.

I casually rolled off the bed and walked over to the doorway and listened. Not only could I not understand a word, because it was all in what seemed to be Italian, but there were new voices. They didn't sound mad, they sounded rather joyous and excited. Curiously, I strutted down the first flight of stairs to bump into rather a annoyed looking Tyler and Alex.

Tyler pressed his pointer finger to his lips, motioning for me to remain silent. We three tip-toed to the stairs to peer over onto the first floors to spy.

Carlos and Bianca were sitting in the family room on the couches with seven other guests.

Alex pointed them all out to me, "Shh this is familia, the two women talking to momma are Celestia and Carmena, they are sisters, twenty five and twenty three. Then their parents, Raquel and Maria over there. Then there is George over there, he is papa's older brother, then over there is Rossalita and Max. The own the our favorite restaurant, and are momma's cousins," he said to me," Famillia." he gestured for me to follow down the stairs to greet everyone. I was spooked to see that Preston, Blake, Evan, and Aaron were behind me as well. Leah and Tony were being helped to the guests by Tyler and Alex already as well. I must have been so fascinated that I hadn't of noticed at all!

Celestia and Carmena were eyeing me, Rossalita and Max were beaming, Max seemed too familiar, and then George was too engrossed in the football on the screen to even notice the growing number of people in the area.

I started to feel myself panic under all these peoples watchfull eyes. Celestia and Carmena, beautiful brunnettes with mocha skin and deep brown eyes. Twins! Almost like it. They were gorgous. It made me feel so ugly to compare myself to them.

Gah.

I sat there awkwardly, answering questions, having small talk, eating pizza, and cuddling Tony and Leah since I hadn't seen them in what felt eternity.

Soon, the blue cristaline sky's, began to fade into a pink, yellow, and orange soup, yet, it was serene and stunning. As I gazed into the sunset, I felt an erie feeling of being stalked. I looked ambiguously over my shoulder, and jumped. I felt my heart palpitating from the scare, as Celestia and Carmena were standing right behind me.

"How long have you been there?" I said breathlessly.

"Oh don't act so scared. We want to help you, child." Carmen said angelically and brushed a strand of hair out of her face.

"What?"

"This house hold is a fucking chaos place. Be careful," Celestia warned, voice velvety and scary.

Alrighty..?

They walked away slowly, in sync, gliding over the floor gracefuly like angels.

Don't know what that was about, but I know when I am being warned. About what? Why? This place was my home. Home Sweet Home, right?

I sighed, and joined Alex and Preston to watch some football.

Yes! I could relax without having an uneasy feeling all the time. I sunk into the couch, and munched on crackers. I was so sleepy.

"Sorry that this visit is so unexpected, we didn't know for how long you woudl be sleeping." Bianca sat next to me, I didn't even have the energy to be startled at all.

"Oh it is okay, Bianca. I just feel like family now." I said sleepily. I tried to smile, but what felt like a grin, probably looked like I smelled one of the boys sneakers.

She stiffled a laugh, as I stiffled a yawn and cuddled back into the huge confortable sofa, and shut my eyes.

I thought of all the recent events, so much has happened in my life, that these few moments, we like nothing to me anymore. They were normal. That a lot happened in so little time. And that I am used to it, I am so adapted to having everything change around me that I don't take to notice that anything is different until i'm already used to it, and that moment has passed.

Damn.

I want to enjoy life. Not let it fly bye like the cold brisk, Canadien winds that I was too familiar with.

I missed my old life back in Canada, where I knew how to live and prosper, starting over from being beaten up and torn to bits is hard. But now as I see myself, going through so much has made me stronger. I can deal with whatever is dished, and serve it right back.

This new life, I think I can enjoy.

Make this my new life, a subtle one.

Happy and gentle, go to school, graduate, go to college, get married, have a job, kids, and grow old. Watching as my family does the same.

I want this life to be happy.

But how?

What about Kayden? Leah? Tony? My new little family that I have grown accustomed to?

I was numb. My mind was telling me I was in the right place, right position, but my heart said no, you don't belong here. Where do I belong?

Do I even belong?

All these new thoughts were spinning in my mind, as I climbed into a deep slumber, of worry, and heartache. I wanted to be happy again.

********************

Thank you for reading!

I know it probably sounds like the book will be over soon, but no.... haha!!! School drama.... Kayden drama... Family drama.... Fears.....

Keep reading... x3

Fan! Vote!!! Comment!!!!