Chapter 25: The Plan Has Flaws

Chapter 25: My Plan Has Flaws

 Kayden's P.O.V

I woke up to a clicking noise. I sat up and stretched my sore back, the concrete slab held up by chains was supposedly my 'bed'.

I groaned and stood up slowly. Looking around, I noticed the rusty, small toilet and a scratched mirror on the wall. The ground was concrete as well with odd discolored patches here and there. I looked down at my bright orange jumpsuit. I felt like a ginat glass of orange juice. Only smelled like shit.

It's been a little over a week now, and the trial would be in about four days, oh don't you love Wednesdays?

Just more time to worry over my future.

Sighing I walked over to the bars that held me in this cage. I sometimes looked at myself like some strange animal. I noticed that there was a plate of what seemed like puree of some sort, and simply picking it up, I could tell it was nothing to be excited over.

I sat on the 'bed' and ate the weird substance, it didn't really even taste like much just bland old mush.

A guy from the cell opposite of mine was my 'friend'. He got here yesterday, but he already called me his ally for some reason or another. He said his name was Steve Alker, and he had killed someone. My breath quickened as he popped open his eyes and looked at me. His eyes kept me at a trance, and I was unable to look away.

He just mearly smirked, and got up to hang his wire.

I sighed, and pushed the tray back to the wall near the bars. We were going outside to break rocks apparently today. Great. Another migrane today will begin.

The officers and jail guards rounded us up, and we walked through the gates in two rows, you could not be out of step. Our hands were bound, and some of them were pushing us to move a little faster while chuckling at us if we miss our stepping.

Terrible people, I thought to myself I wouldn't voice my thoughts or ideas here.

We walked outside, or what was an area that had rocks everywhere, piled up, but still not high enough to reach the fences height, plus the barb wire. Our ankles were chained to the ground as we worked on smashing the large rocks. It was not too big of an ordeal to me. Rather exciting at one point. Though the cold, and light sprinkling snow was covering the ground, they still made us come outside.

We walked back inside, and in my little part of the cell, I sat thinking.

How was Charlotte? Leah? Tony?

I remembered Charlottes bubbling laugh, and her bright eyes that saw right threw me. And he flowing bronze hair, then she got it cut and colored, but I still imagined her like the first time I saw her. Young, scared, fragile, yet beautiful and in charge as if she knew that her family, Leah and Tony, was all that mattered.

She was only eleven, and Wooo I was hmm about seventeen, sixteen, how old she is now. I was just a protegee, simple, to my uncle who worked for the police as a photographer. He would be so dissapoint in me right now. But it wasn't even kidnapp. Would her family tell her what happened to me? Or would they keep it a secret.

If it's a secret, let it gnaw at their souls.

She felt oddly like a long lost sister to me, sweet, and kind. She was also like a mother to her siblings, since they were left to an orphanage, she had this build of maturness in her that I admired, yes, she was very young, about six years younger than me, but the problem is, she didn't seem that way.

It seemed as if she was my age. Twenty one. She could of been married with children and a job for all it mattered to me.

She just seemed to be so much older and wiser than the rest of the people I had ever met.