In My Life...who am I?

It was the day after my Sixteenth birthday, nothing is different really...I had to get ready for school but thankfully it's the last day before winter break. As I prepare my breakfast, I hear someone sobbing in the other room and my mother is the only one who lives with me. With my concerns growing, I walk to the other room catching my mom, Helen, hugging a t-shirt and watching tv with the reporter claiming "John Lennon has been shot!".

Laura: is everything alright mum?

She turns around with her red eyes staring at me "John has been shot!"

Laura: who's John?

Helen: how do you not know who John Lennon is?! The greatest person who ever lived..along with the Beatles!

Laura: oh..I'm so sorry to hear

Helen: I need a few minutes please!

I left the room, I've never seen my mom so upset... Well when dad left a few years ago. I went to the kitchen and finished my food, later as told, mom did come out of that room a complete mess, she left without saying goodbye and left me alone. School doesn't start for a while and I had everything in order...who is John Lennon?

I checked outside the kitchen window to the spot where my mom usually parks and it was empty. I made my way to her room and opened the closet revealing tons of memorabilia of the Beatles...looking in here is so amazing! But one thing that caught my eye was an old, vintage journal. I took a peek and it was written halfway, I take a look at the time, I had to get going! I took the journal with me and made my way to school...