Chapter 21

- Ringo's journal -

Michelle was out to buy some groceries, that was three hours ago. I was at home with Anna who was playing with her dolls then suddenly the phone rang. I picked it up, and closely listened when he said he was a doctor. He told me Michelle was in a serious accident and I must come over immediately. In panic, I was running around grabbing a few things, then I remembered, who was going to watch Anna? I was running Out of time so I quickly took her to the car and drove to Me mums place, dropping her off.

I arrived in the hospital Five minutes later. I asked the nurse about Michelle, and she takes me to her. I watched them trying to keep Michelle alive, there were doctors running around, and nurses putting more medicine into her but she couldn't take it anymore, a straight line appeared on the monitor, and pronounced her dead several minutes later. They allowed me to sit next to her, I picked up her cold hand and put it into mine. I hadn't thought about the baby until I looked at her stomach, it was flat.

Ringo: where's the baby?

Doctor: baby?

Ringo: yes! She was pregnant!

Doctor: oh, apologies, she's in the nursery, you can see her if you wanna

Ringo: she?

Doctor: Michelle had a baby girl

I slightly smiled and looked back at Michelle, who was lifeless.. I stood up and gave her a kiss on the forehead, saying my last goodbyes, then followed the doctor into a room where all the babies are being taken care of. I finally stood next to my own, who was sleeping peacefully, but was so tiny. I gently place my finger on her tiny hand and she squeezes it so tightly. I sat next to her, crying heavily but stared at our creation until visiting hours were over. Hello daisy....

~~~~~~~

Helen: Good morning Ringo

Ringo: oh hello Helen

Helen: have you spoken to Laura?Ringo: I've given her a journal... she knows about Michelle

Helen: I just wanna know one thing, you were the richest, most successful man, why couldn't you raise her?

Ringo: I've suffered terribly since Michelle's death, she wouldn't have a nice life if she saw see me the way I was

Helen: (sighs) alrighty then Ringo, guess we'll wait for the others....