Yesterday (pt. 2)

Ringo's P.O.V.

We stopped touring in late 1966, we also continued to take drugs. Now that it's 1967, We've gotten a new look as in the fabulous mustaches we grown and a new sound in music. It's been a few months since Ive last seen the gurls and kinda glad they aren't seeing me this way, but then again the phone call I received this morning is changing my mind. I was told Michelle's mother had died of a heart attack and the police have hold of the gurls.
Ringo: where are they?
Officer: Anna and Daisy?
I nod to his question.
Officer: come this way...
I followed the man into the confession room, but really they were only distracting Anna and Daisy, they were with grandma when this happened...
Anna: Ringo!!!
Anna screams while running up to me, she gives me a tight hug, she missed me. I looked around for Daisy and she had toys in her mouth, I went up to her and picked her up, she smiled at me.
Ringo: so I can take them home?
Officer: not so fast Mr. Starr, we can't just let you go with them
Ringo: why not? I'm their father, legally and genetically
Officer: we know about your drug addiction..
Ringo: I haven't used any drugs, in a while..
Officer: well we could test you on it, if yer clean then we'll let you go
I must've been an idiot for doing that, I smoked two days ago and had a full bottle of alcohol last night...I failed the test.
Ringo: what are you going to do with the gurls now?
Officer: put em in foster care, yer not suit to be a father
Ringo: no please! I'll clean my acts up! I'll go to rehab if I have to, just please don't take them away from me!
Officer: you could've been honest with me in the first place, I'm sorry Mr. Starr
I watched them take Anna and Daisy away, separately...Anna was crying her eyes out, what have I done?! She was calling for me but I couldn't go to her, Daisy just stared at her sister until she was in the hands of someone else. "I hate you!" Anna had cried out, a four year old shouldn't know the meaning of those words, but unfortunately Anna knows it well when it comes to me.
What if I hadn't given them up? What if I didn't take the first hit of marijuana? Would it be different if Michelle hadn't died? What if I didn't meet Michelle? What if I wasn't a Beatle? If one of those things were different, this wouldn't be happening to me....