Goodbye Old Friend

It’s 10:10pm. I really do not want to go. The fact that Spencer’s life is on the line makes me have to go. I can’t just let him die because I’m scared. I got off the couch and walked into the bedroom. I put on my black skinny jeans and a light blue t-shirt a long with a dark blue leather jacket. I walked out to the living room and Josh’s eyebrow raised.

“What’s up?” He asked as I walked into the kitchen.

“I have to go out.” I said as I got a glass of water.

“Where?” He asked coming into the kitchen.

“I’m going to save Spencer. I got something today, telling me where to go to save him. You can’t tell anyone.”

“Amanda. You can’t do this by yourself.” He said.

“Josh I have no choice. I have to go alone and someone has to stay with the kids.” I said. He sighed. “Everything will be okay I swear.” I walked over and gave him a hug.

“Don’t get hurt. Please.” He said as he pulled away.

“I won’t.” I said and looked at the time. 10:36pm. “I have to leave in like 10 minutes.” I said looking up at him.

“Go say goodbye to the kids. Just in case something does go down.” I nodded and walked over. I walked over to their cradles and saw both of my angels lying down.

“Hi babies. Mommy has to go out for a while. I’ll be back in the morning. I love you both so much.” I kissed both their heads and stood up. They were both looking up to me, fighting the sleep. I smiled and walked over to the door and put on my shoes. I grabbed the car keys and Josh walked over to me.

“Be safe Sweetheart.” He said then kissed my forehead.

“I will.” I hugged him.

“I love you so much.” He said into my hair.

“I love you too.”  I gave him one more kiss and opened the door. I walked out and down the hall. I got into the elevator and pressed the floor button. Here we go. I’m actually going to do this. Save someone’s life. I hope he’s okay and they didn’t do anything to him. If he did I swear to god. I wasn’t quite sure on what to do at that point, but I would be enraged.

I walked out and started my car. It was only a ten minute drive. I turned on the radio to the news. The story was still being played. They’ll still have no leads, so I have no clue that this is going to be. I pulled into the Starbucks parking lot and looked at the time. 3 minutes early. I opened my glove compartment and took out my pocket knife. What? Everyone should have one or a gun, it was self-protection. I put the knife up my sleeve and got out of the car. I walked over to the alley and waited in the front of it. I looked at the time.

It was now 11:00 and no one is here. I walked over to a walk and put my back on it. I looked to both my sides. Still there was no one. I sighed and looked to the ground. I heard footsteps and I looked up to the far side on the alley. Three men stood there. Two of them holding someone’s arms. He was on his knees and looking to the ground. Wait a minute. That was Spencer being held on to. The front man I’m guessing started walking over to me. I got off the wall and stood in the middle of the alleyway. They were in all black. The two other men stayed behind him a couple feet in between them, dragging Spencer with them. I looked back the main man as he stood a few feet away from me.

“Hello Amanda.” I never heard the voice before.

“Hi.” I said shyly.

“So you want your friend here?” I nodded. He laughed.  “Alright then…” He smiled. “Drop him.” The two men dropped him on his face. Spencer didn’t move or make a sound he just fell. They laughed and all ran. I ran over to Spencer. I got on the ground beside him and pushed him over on to his back. Tears ran down my face.