Beautiful Lie

Normal POV

She laid there on her back, staring at the ceiling and just admiring the simplicity of the white wall. The vastness of it, the pure emptiness. She raised her hands and saw through her bright blue eyes how tiny it looked against the white wall. Tiny and alone. She sighed and pressed the back of her palm against her eyes cold and bare and vulnerable. The cold seeped down to her skin, relaxing her burning eyes with brimming tears. They swept down her skin, slow teasing and full of the pain she feels in her heart. She sighs and tuns her head to the side, her cheek coming into contact with the cold floor. The snow is still coming down slow enough for her to take in its beauty. Pretty... She observed with half lidded eyes.

She sighed and sat up, staring at the door which led to Gon's room. She slowly stood up and went over, her steps calculated and her mind calm.She opened the door and found... feathers. Feathers dancing in the room reflecting the beautiful snow outside. The scene was hauntingly beautiful. Gon stood there in the middle of all that chaos, The ripped open pillows, the sheets were thrown carelessly across the room and the endless falling of the feathers. He watched them as if fascinated by an angel which just descended from heaven. Tears were streaming down his cheeks and he looked up at her with empty broken eyes. No words were meant to be spoken. If words were uttered the beauty would be shattered, the world would come back to the same speed.

So she just stared. He really looked like a fallen angel there. Blood dripping from his hands and now that she looked at the floor again she noticed shards of glass scattered on the floor. He turned and faced her. And she couldn't really tell what he was thinking at that time. His eyes remained empty and dull. What was SHE thinking anyway? She took a step forward, a small tentative experimental and gentle step. "It's over" he said. She remained silent.
"It's done"
The words were dancing mockingly in front of them sneering and whispering dark thoughts. It shattered her quiet eerie thoughts. It shattered that moment. That quiet silent moment that made her attain a weird sort of peace. "Lynn I can't get her out of my head. She's everywhere. In this house... It reeks of her" he seemed determined to break her away from that dream like state she was in. She looked at him, as though she was looking at him for the first time with curious and dead eyes. He stared back at her, tears still streaming down his cheeks. "Lynn-"
Chaos took over like it always does. She screamed and pushed him down to the floor as he looked back at her with dark and livid eyes. He held her hands in his hold as she straddled his hips wanting to hit him. "NO. STOP IT. YOU AND PAIN. YOUR NOT THE ONLY ONE FEELING IT AND ITS BLOODY WELL NOT OVER YET" He bit his lip, immediately tasting blood. "HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY UNDERSTAND HOW I FEEL? YOU DIDN'T LOVE HER!!" She stopped. Froze. They stared at each other for a second. Two.
A whimper escaped between her chapped lips and her eyes squeezed shut. When she opened them again there was a mixture of sadness and anger. "You listen here. I might not have loved her the same way you did but she was my friend. I lost so many people in my life. And I'm not going to sit around and mope about my losses anymore. Yes I'll miss them. Yes I feel dead. But I'm seeing this till the end. Don't you dare tell me that I don't understand how you feel"
He fisted the front of her shirt and brought her closer to her face. "This all happened because of you-"
She pushed him away and punched him across the face, her vision going blurred as tears came out of her eyes. "Yes. Go on!! Please blame me. But yes. All this was my problem  and I dragged you all into it. But I'm sorry okay?" She pressed her palm against her eyes as tears continued to flow down her cheeks. "I'm so sorry" Her sobs racked the room and the very depths of Gon's soul. Her sobs brought him back from his rage and pain to see that he wasn't the only one feeling these things. He propped his elbows on the floor and slowly sat up, Lynn still crying into her hands. He drew her close and buried his face in the crook of her neck. "I'm sorry too" he whispered as he too cried. She clutched the back of his shirt as tears continued streaming down her face, the entire room silent except for their quieted sobs.
XXXX
Killua's POV
Consciousness flitted in and and out and the pain in my head was reducing to a dull throb in my head. I could almost feel the small bump where Hisoka hit me. I silently cursed under my breath and banged my head against the wall. I should have known. I should have been more careful. I should have known better that to just barge in without a proper plan. Illumi never had any loopholes in his plans. I should have known. I silently pleaded that everyone was holding up. Desperately pleading. I took a deep breath pressed my palms against my burning eyes, the handcuffs cutting into my skin and rattling against the railing, it's sound echoing in the bare room. I need to get out of here. I can't afford to be stuck here and relax while Gon and Lynn where going through hell. I licked my lips and forced myself to concentrate. Focus on getting out and nothing else. Think Killua. Before I could formulate a proper plan a sweet voice ricocheted against the white pale and bare walls of the villa. My eyes darted everywhere suddenly alert and tense. That's when I saw her. She calmly walked through the French doors which lead to the balcony and stepped into the room I was held captive, that captivating lullaby continued to fall from her lips with practiced ease. She wore a white dress which ended above her knees, flowing like water along with the soft breeze, red petals from the roses in the garden dancing around her. Her pale face and limbs were a striking contrast to her flowing blue hair, full pink lips and dull blue eyes. She approached me, her gait slow and coy,a teasing smile on her lips as if we had just shared a dirty secret. The nostalgic scent of roses and her natural musk of vanilla gave the entire scene a sense of ethereal beauty that my muscles relaxed and my eyelids dropped. She crouched in front of me, her sweet voice making me swoon, and ran her fingers through my hair in that same comforting way that made me feel like I was at home. It made me feel nostalgic. Her fingertips ran down the side of my face slowly and as if taking in every dip and crease in my skin. I let out a breath I Did not know I was holding, my breath fanning against her ear as I called out, softly and gently "Lynn?" At that moment chaos broke out and that was all it took for me to confirm my worst nightmares.
XXX
Gons POV
We sat beside each other, side by side, each holding a cup of coffee in our hands. The curtains were drawn and the lights were off, making the room a little dark but it was enough. Lynn quietly sipped her coffee and gave me a smile. I took a sip too, the coffee sliding down my throat and proving a weird type of comfort. We still felt like crap. But I guess we were trying to make the best of the situation. "She'll be fine" I looked up from my coffee and saw her optimistic blue eyes. "Jienna is a rebel. She'll be fine. You can tell her then" I broke eye contact and stared and the wall on the opposite end. "But what if..."
"No what ifs. Think positive. If she doesn't make it... We'll still have to move forward. That's the only thing we can do. We can't stop living just because our loved ones leave" she took my hand in hers and forced a smile. Her hand felt cold and lonely and immediately guilt gripped me. I squeezed back and the smile seemed more genuine now. "We'll figure it out together. As friends"
A silence enveloped the room and I felt okay. Maybe things  kept getting fucked sometimes. But I was determined to fix it. "Let's do something Lynn"
"Like?"
"Talking to dad"
"It's no use. Leorio took him in for questioning but he's refusing to open his mouth"
"And Killua?" Lynn froze and slowly kept her cup of coffee on the floor. She scrunched up her eyebrows and stared at the wall. I scanned her stiff and tense shoulders and admired the way she didn't break down or even shed a tear. I could see how visibly tense and worried she was, her hands were shaking slightly and she kept gulping down her saliva from time to time. I sighed and walked over to the table top and called Killua's phone. It was no use though. Straight to voicemail. I bit back a curse and almost missed Lynn taking a deep breath and hit the back of the sofa as she stared up at the ceiling. I looked towards my room, it's strewn sheets and pillow feathers on the floor, blood coated glass shards glittering innocently. "Why don't we clean up instead of sitting and worrying?"

She squated and picked up the glass shards, carefully and slowly with eyebrows scrunched up. We had opened the curtains allowing a hint of moonlight to grace the room. The sight looked pretty. Lynn's hair looked so beautiful under the moonlight and her eyes visibly sparkled. She looked up and caught me staring, my hands frozen over the sheets I was gathering. We held each other's gaze, hers gentle and full of comfort and mine probably filled with torment. I grit my teeth and pursed my lips. I didn't like feeling this way. This kind of sadness wasn't like me. This kind of sadness just felt painful. How did this girl manage this? How did she manage to survive this? This pain of just facing what life can be? I was puzzled because of her smile, because of her knowing gaze and her understanding. I didn't like the way she seemed to understand all this better than myself. How she could accept all of this and put a smile on her face.
I remembered her determined words to me. I'm done weeping at my loses.

I wanted that.
I wanted the strength to overcome this. I wanted...

She got up from the floor and headed towards the trash can to dump all the shards of glass that she had so diligently picked up from the floor. She turned around and gave me one more smile, and I saw a sadness that was way beyond her years. Of course she wasn't over it. Of course she was still hurting. But now... She's just become stronger and more determined. And I envied that about her. And I loved her for that.
I slowly got up from the floor as well and walked over to her, the silence forever stretching on as the distance between us reduced. I stood in front of her, just admiring how far she had come. She touched my cheek gently and muttered "it's okay"

My chest swelled and my heart felt like it was going to burst as I slammed her against the wall and kissed her.
XXXX
Killua's POV
"DONT YOU DARE SAY THAT NAME!!! I AM NOTHING LIKE HER!!!" She screamed, her pain and agony seemed to be bouncing up and down the walls as she clutched the sides of her head and pulled at her hair. "I LOATHE HER. I LOATHE EVERYTHING ABOUT THAT BITCH" Hisoka appeared in an instant and gave her a syringe which made her collapse against his hold. "What a way to meet our dear guest Killua" he had the most sickening smile on his face and I just wanted to hit him. Anger rose inside of me and I pulled at my hands, the handcuffs rattling against the railing of the staircase. "WHAT DID YOU ASSHOLES DO TO HER??" But I knew the answer already. It hurt my heart to see her like that collapsed against Hisoka's chest defenseless. "Oh nothing that she wouldn't like Killua. Now keep your voice down." He bend down and carried her bridal style. "The replacement is sleeping"
XXXX
"Now listen here. We can end this peacefully if you talk right now. We don't have time for this. Someone nearly died!!" Leorio was about to lose his cool and biscuit knew it. She watched him in the interrogation room and narrowed her eyes. He was becoming too attached to the case and he was showing it so plainly. Ging still refused to even meet his eyes though and she sighed. Whatever this man was hiding, it potentially mean that he held the key to end all of this. But if he was refusing to speak....
She glanced at Kurapika who was calmly seated outside, leg on top of another and observing Ging with angry eyes. Something was... Off. She calmly sat next to him and prodded. "So what was your relationship with the Scarlets?" He seemed to burn a hole through her as he stared at her but she didn't even flinch under his gaze. "They adopted me when I was younger. I was 12 when I met them. I was an orphan. They took me in and educated me in this field and made me a part of the company when I was older"
"So they compelled you to-"
"They didn't. I felt like I had to replay them in some way. And so I did by working hard for the betterment of the company"
"So did you know about the illegal dealings?"
"Yes I did"
Silence stretched on as they saw Leorio walk up and down in the interrogation room. "Did Ging know?" She asked
"I didn't think he'd know... But now I'm not really that sure. I don't know that man anymore"
"Do you think he harbored any kind of grudge against the victims?"
He was silent. For a whole minute. He flipped through his memories and revisited every single setting which he observed when it came to the three of them.
"Maybe.."
"Maybe what?" She prodded.
"I think Ging was in love with Lauren"

HEY GUYSSS
I'm thinking of making a double update this weekend so please look forward to that
Feedback is appreciated and I'm sorry for not updating for a long time
And as for how things are gonna turn up after this don't worry. I'll be back😏😏😏😏😏