Sitting Under The Stars

2 weeks later

Time was coming . It was time for my dad to step down and me to take place as Alpha , my beautiful mate at my side.

I have trained every day of my life for this moment and I had longed for the day to come but now time seemed to go by too fast .

The alpha title is an extremely big deal and I wanted it badly . But I wanted more time to be young and crazy.Unfortunately those days run short for me . Now is my time to be strong .

The ceremony is being held tomorrow and I needed to prepare myself and Lilac .

She was freaking out and I told her it was going to be alright , but she doesn't believe me . I'm ready to be an alpha , but of course I had my doubts .

" Son ? Do you understand ? " I replied back with a ' yes sir ' . Even though I didn't pay attention to him. I was wrapped up in my own thoughts .
" Good . Now where is Lilac ? "

I called her over and her eyes snapped up . I grabbed her hand when she was close enough. " Great to see you again. Are you ready ? " I felt her tense , so I rubbed my thumb against her knuckles . "Um.. yes? " it sounded like a question. "

I didn't want to pressure her into being Luna at all but I didn't really have a choice at this point.
Although she wasn't ready , I feel like she would like being a Luna . She would love it actually . It just ... I don't know . It fits her .

Lilac is the best thing that ever happened to me . She's my other piece that I lost for a long time .
Well, she's the other piece I never had.

I just wish she would love me back .

" Good, good . Don't stress about it. My mate thought she was going to be a horrible Luna but turned out to be one of the best. "

" Talking about me ? " My mothers voice sounded through the living room and I turned my head to the direction . " Oh Lilac ! Your here , what a pleasure to see you again. " She greeted her with a bright smile . " Thank you Miss . "

" You can just call me mom . "

Oh my God. My mom needs to just shut up .

" Honey, I'm decorating the backyard for the ceremony. Would you like to help? "

I saw Lilacs eyes light up like a kid getting ice cream ." Yes! Of course ! " She smiled at her .
She had no idea what she was getting herself into .
I pulled her closer and said " No. "
She frowned at me . " Why ?"

" Because you could get hurt." I growled when the words left my mouth .I sounded protective I know that but she was my responsibility. I don't know why I would do without her . " Come on, please . I want to spend some time with your mom and did I ever mention that I love decorating things ? " She gave me the puppy dogs eyes and a pouty lip.

She's so adorable .

How can I say no to that?

I looked at my mom ( who was giving me a glare ) and then at my mate . " Uh...fine . " I gave in.
Lilac squealed and kissed my cheek . " Thank you! "

Lilac's POV

Stones mother was so nice and fun . She didn't seem old at all and didn't look it either but I knew she had to be at least 40.

" That should do it ."
I put the last lantern up and admired our work. The whole backyard was utterly gorgeous. It had a wood type theme to it . Lanterns and lights  surrounded the place and wooden tables were placed at the side , the other clear for dancing . In the middle was a big stage with a microphone stand .
I couldn't describe how luxurious I felt just standing here . They just really take the Alpha thing serious.

( Ignore the bride and groom )

" Should we add some flowers ? "

" No it's perfect . "

By nightfall I had found Stone again and we were holding hands on top of the roof , lying on our backs . The midnight sky gleamed with bright stars .

" That's the Little Dipper ... Ursa Major ... Leo." I pointed at them. Stone kept his eyes on me though .When I turned to face him I saw the desperate look in his eyes.

" Do you love me ? "

I gaped at him, shocked by his question .

Did I love him ?
I don't know . What was love anyways ?

'Love is being there for someone no matter what, risking everything for them .True love is something that is unbreakable and is very rare . '  I remembered a quote from a book I read once .

If that was the case . I did love Stone . I would do just about anything for him.

In that moment I realized that this wasn't just some silly high school crush . This was real . It's not built out of appearance  or sex .
It's alive .

" Yes. Yes! I love you . I love you. I love you! "

His eyes went wide ." You do? " I nodded and then put our foreheads together. " I love you too. More than you can ever imagine . "

---------------------------------------------------------
A/N

Awww how sweet ! Too fast or no?

GUYS WERE ALMOST AT 10 K!  I CANT THANK YALL ENOUGH FOR INSPIRING ME AND READING!

A year ago I had no thought into even wanting to be an author but now ... it's something I would like to do . So thank you for everything !!!

I love you!!

-Victoria