Regret

Mirielle's Point of View

I left Alya's house with a smile, yet the guilt never left me. Instead it seemed to pile on more, but this was manageable if it meant I could see what it meant to have friends.

I could imagine how Marinette could've reacted to that situation that they all began to suspect her. She would handle it like nothing. What I hope to take away on this journey is how to be more like Marinette and less like me. I want to be more confident, exciting, yet chill. My second cousin was the closest thing I had to a real friend, and she was the sweetest. I wished she never died.

I felt horrible for Alya though. The girl thought she had her best friend back, but she didn't know the truth. I didn't mind filling in for Marinette, but I knew deep inside that it was wrong.

Also what kind of person brings a lie detector to a sleepover?!! I mean, Nino is a DJ! I'd expect him to bring something like a mixtape or boombox but a lie detector?

At the same time, I knew that I deserved that hectic chaos to which everyone accused me.

"Mirielle, I'm sorry," a small voice came from behind me.

"No Tikki, it's my fault for not listening to you. I knew it was wrong but I just wanted to help Marinette's friends cope with her loss but I made it worse. I'm sure they hate Marinette now and it's all my fault. Me and my impulsive attitude don't deserve this miraculous. Marinette should have picked a better person to play this role," I sighed.

"We can make this work! Please don't give up! I don't want to lose you too!" Tikki pleaded.

"I don't know what to do. It's too late to tell them..." I whispered.

Suddenly she flew out of sight as I saw a shadow approach from behind me.

I turned around quickly and Alya stood there, her eyes watering.

"Marinette, I'm so sorry I hurt your feelings. I just, I would do anything to not lose you and- I did exactly the opposite and chased you away!" She sobbed, holding her hands to her face.

What would Marinette do?

"It's okay, Alya," I pulled her into a hug, "I told you, don't worry about it!"

She wrapped her arms around me in a tight hug and apologized half a million times.

"Please come back with us! I promise it'll be nothing like before!" Alya begged.

"I didn't leave because I was mad, but it's alright. I'll come back if you want me to," I agreed, putting my arm around my bestie.

Or Marinette's bestie...

Anyways, when I went back inside, Nino was putting away the lie detector.

"Turns out this thing is a fake. It just randomizes responses. I'm sorry for accusing you and making you feel untrusted. I hope you'd be willing to join our friend group again!" Nino took off his hat, his face turning red from embarrassment.

Adrien looked disappointed, but also relieved.

"Mari, I'm sorry about earlier. I had no clue what I was talking about and I shouldn't have said those things. I hope you'll let me take them back? Anyways I apologize; I just love you so much. I got jealous when you kissed Ivan, but that was no excuse. I just came up with this crazy, dumb idea that you were Mirielle or something because I was so jealous. I didn't want to accept that my lady didn't love me," Adrien apologized, holding one of Mirielle's hands.

"Look Adrien, I don't know what I was doing with Ivan. I don't like him. I just freaked out and was just doing dumb things at that point. I feel horrible for making the little Cabbage Patch Kid cry though," I confessed, referring to Mylene.

"Why do you call Mylene that?" He asked curiously.

"Uh... I don't know. She kinda reminds me of a Cabbage Patch Kid doll. It's a compliment!" I insisted.

"Also, I do like you, Adrien. I love you in fact. I just- I can't take off the mask. It wouldn't work," I shrugged.

"My Lady, we can make it work," he insisted.

I tried to resist the temptation, but I really really wanted him.

Imagine if you had the chance to be Marinette and Adrien was practically begging you to be with him. Would you say no?

I knew I couldn't do it if I were going to reveal myself later on. I was already taking advantage of having friends as Marinette. If I were going to have him, I'd want him as my real self. Just doing it as Ladybug is cruel, but... I was making terrible choices at the time.

Instead, I agreed. I thought Marinette wouldn't want me to let him be alone, so I agreed. I thought she'd want him to be happy and move on, but I didn't think she'd want it with an impersonator of herself.

I hated every fiber of my being in that moment but at the same time, I never felt more alive.

I would be with Adrien Agreste.

A/N: More chapters coming!
Don't worry, this is just a small filler chapter.

Thank you so much for 7k!!!