"Princess, you're back!"

Adrien was practically weeping with joy. He couldn't believe he saw his lady again!

Suddenly, a notification popped up on his computer.

It was a LadyBlog update!

He pulled it up and watched the video.

Ladybug showed up on the screen.

"So hello Paris citizens! There's no reason to fear akumas or be sad anymore! It's I, Ladybug! I'm reincarnated into this form because I noticed how sad all of you were when I died. I promise, I'm not leaving ever again!"

"Well folks, you heard it from Ladybug, herself! Or Marinette, as we all know her not-so secret identity now! Stay tuned for more Ladybug news!"

"It wasn't my imagination after all! My princess is back!" He cheered.

He noticed she didn't have the same beautiful bluebell eyes, but he was relieved his princess was back.

He quickly transformed and found his lady.

"Princess, you're back! Words can't describe how much I've missed you, bugaboo! I have been crying with joy since I learned you were back!"

Ladybug turned around with a nervous smile, but pulled herself together.

"Hey Chat Noir! I should say that I- umm... I'm actually not-" she began stammering, knowing that if she let the truth free now, it would save her from much crazier drama to come. Looking into his warm green eyes and loving smile, it felt impossible to break it for him. How could she break his heart? He was already facing heartbreak and this wasn't fair.

"I totally had to come back for you and Alya, of course!" She exclaimed, then mentally face-palmed. Every part of her was screaming at herself, including Tikki's voice for not telling him the truth, but at the same time, she felt that she was helping them cope.

"My princess, I love you. I've missed you so much. There wasn't one moment I didn't think about you!" Chat wrapped his arms tightly around her, causing her more guilt.

Mirielle gasped and stiffened at first, but then she melted in his arms, snuggling her face into his chest. She really liked this feeling, but she knew it wasn't meant for her. Mirielle was suffering massively with guilt, yet she couldn't find it within herself to tell the truth.

Did Marinette used to feel hugs like this all the time?

Chat couldn't have felt more relieved than he did at that moment, where he believed his princess was now safe in his arms and he could protect her from Volpina.

Nothing could hurt his princess now.

Not now, not ever again.