Tearful Reunions

Marinette turned when she heard the umbrella clatter to the floor.

"A-Alya?" She whispered, her eyes filling with tears.

"Marinette!" Alya cried out, tears rolling down her cheeks.

Alya ran to her best friend and hugged her in a tight embrace.

"I can't even begin to start telling you how much I hated your death! I can't believe you're here with me again!" She sobbed, hugging Marinette.

"Alya, I'm so sorry!" She whimpered, her arms wrapped around her best friend.

Alya couldn't muster saying any more words; she just uncontrollably sobbed in relief.

There was no words to explain what it felt to hear her best friend's voice once more, feel her warmth, to know Marinette would be there for her again.

"You have no idea how much everyone missed you. When Mirielle took your place and everyone thought she was you, it was like having a rude version of you back, but it wasn't the same," Alya explained.

"Mirielle... did... WHAT?!" Marinette's eyes widened and her chest filled with some sort of panic.

"Don't worry! She just... Never mind!" Alya laughed nervously.

Marinette pleaded to know what she did, so Alya decided to give up and show her the LadyBlog video where Mirielle announced to Paris that she reincarnated.

Marinette's eyes filled with tears. Her own cousin...

A person of her family took her place in the world, playing it off as her reincarnation.

Who would believe she reincarnated for real now?

For all the Paris citizens know, she could just be another liar trying to take Ladybug's place.

"Tikki, is this true?" Marinette asked her kwami, choking back her tears.

"Oh, Marinette... I'm sorry," Tikki looked at the floor guiltily.

"But, if it wasn't for Mirielle, we wouldn't have you back either," Alya jumped in.

"What do you mean?" Marinette asked suspiciously.

Alya pulled up the latest video on her blog and played it for Marinette.

"Hello, Paris. This is Ladybug reporting to you with the truth..." Mirielle whispered on the camera, crying.

She took a deep breath and said, "The Ladybug you once knew, is truly gone. I am nothing, but a mere replacement."

She started sobbing on camera and tried to continue, "Th-There are n-no words that c-can express h-how sorry I am f-for doing this. I-I'm so sorry!" She whimpered. She tried to wipe her tears as they kept streaming.

"I will... I will no longer continue Marinette's duty as Ladybug. I never deserved her miraculous and she cannot be replaced by a simple girl. Everything I've done, every person I've betrayed, to all I've hurt; I'm so sorry," she sobbed loudly.

"Goodbye Paris," she whispered as she shut off the camera.

"What? Wait, so she took my place, but what did she do to bring me back?" Marinette asked in confusion.