Carnival Date (Pt. 2)

Adrien's Point of View

Ladybug and I were still at the carnival.

"Hey Marinette! Let's hit the circus," I suggested.

Her smile faded and she shook her head.

"T-there are c-clowns, Adrien," she shuddered.

I rolled my eyes and smiled.

"Remember when we fought the Bubbler? You can't say he didn't look like a clown. Besides, the akumas we fight are like ten times scarier than these boneheads," I assured her.

"When did we- Oh right. We fought lots of akumas. Haha..." she nervously smiled.

I saw her eyes suddenly light up when a familiar girl walked by.

I pulled Marinette behind me and jumped into a fighting defense stance.

"Calm down Adrien," Lila giggled, "Hey Ladybug!"

Marinette waved back happily.

"You killed her," I growled.

"She's not dead right now. Look behind you," she rolled her eyes.

"Don't touch her again," I narrowed my eyes and hissed.

"Dude. Chill. We're buddies now," Marinette told me, high-fiving Lila.

I relaxed a little more and felt the tension leave my chest.

"Well then. If Marinette is cool with you, I'm cool with you," I smiled falsely and lied through my teeth.

"If only I could say the same," Lila laughed.

"Catch you guys later," she waved at us, walking away.

Mari waved back.

"She killed you," I muttered to Ladybug.

"But we're over that," she put her hands on my face and pulled it towards hers, leaving us face-to-face.

She teasingly got super close, her beautiful eyes sucking me into a big void of brown as she batted her long eyelashes, her red lips in a pouty position, tempting me, and instead, she pulled away and took my hand, leaving me disappointed.

I wanted to kiss her.

"Let's go to the circus," I decided, pulling her hand and dragging her into the theatre.

She whimpered when we sat down and I held her close: all a carefully planned part of my plan.

The first thing that came out was an elephant.

"Look Mari, it's an elephant!" I pointed out, as she hid her face in my chest.

She peeked out nervously and let out a small giggle at the elephant. She was like a young kid afraid of the boogeyman.

I laughed and had my hand around her back.

We watched the circus in amazement at the talented actors and animals.

When the clowns came out, she was practically sitting on my lap and burying her face in my shoulder.

"Is that Ladybug?" One of them asked on the loudspeaker.

"No..." she meekly whispered.

"Pfft," I snickered, wanting to push her off.

"Come show us some of your acrobat skills!" The clowns encouraged her.

Everyone in the audience clapped and cheered for her to go on.

She looked to me for help and I shrugged with a smirk on my face.

She gave me a I'm-Gonna-Kill-You-Later Look and nervously approached the stage, looking like a lost puppy.

"You can do it, LB!" I encouraged her.

She pulled out her yoyo and closed her eyes, taking a deep breath, ready to take the stage.