The End of Ladybug's Story

Mirielle continued walking down to Master Fu's place, using every bit of strength she had not to turn around and call everything off.

Tikki wouldn't give up on her. She wasn't going to let this be the end of Mirielle's story. She already had to close the book on her previous chosen, which hurt her heart with every passing second.

"Mirielle, please! We can't just give up now. You can and will do something great in life! Please... I'll be with you every step of the way. Just don't give up!" She begged.

"I'm sorry, Tikki. I know what I'm doing and this is my plan. I already messed up once and I'm not doing it again," she replied emotionlessly. A stone-cold aura took her down.

"No! Mirielle, I forbid you from returning the miraculous! Don't even try me!" Tikki threatened, now trying a different approach.

Mirielle stopped walking and turned to look at the kwami.

"Tikki, I am doing this for Paris's good. I'm doing this for your good. Please, please don't try to stop me anymore. What I am going to do will make everyone so much happier, I can promise you. My new plan can fix every problem," Mirielle promised, holding her hand out for Tikki to sit on.

Tikki exhaustedly took her offer and sat on her hand.

"Please, there has got to be a better way. You can't do this. What about your mom and dad? They'll be so heartbroken!" Tikki tried to convince her.

"Sure, but they'll also be proud if they find out why. I'll just leave a note," she replied sadly.

"Stop it! I will slap you silly if you try to return the miraculous!" Tikki's eyebrows furrowed angrily.

Mirielle already regretted it, but she raised her hands to her ears and started to take them out.

Tikki flew up, pouncing, like an angry cat, but disappeared once Mirielle had taken the whole earring out.

"Sorry Tikki," she whispered, hanging her head down guiltily.

She pulled out the miraculous box and took out her other earring, then placing it in the box.

Mirielle held the box in her hand and made her way to Master Fu's.

She walked into his office, taking deep breaths.

"Hello, Ladybug" Master Fu greeted her.

She froze and turned to look at him.

"You're the new Ladybug, aren't you?" Master Fu asked her.

Mirielle gripped the miraculous box tightly and bit her lip. Slowly, she nodded.

"I saw the LadyBlog. Don't tell me you're just going to give up," he scowled.

Her lip trembled, but with her brown eyes, she said everything.

Master Fu read through her eye contact, and somehow already knew she was going to give up.

"No, Mirielle. I know, everything you did was wrong. Why did you do it, though?" He asked her as she sat on the floor.

Slowly, she answered his question, "I-I hated seeing everyone upset, and I knew Marinette wouldn't want everyone to be so sad. Mainly, I was too scared to say anything. I was afraid to let everyone down, and I ended up doing that anyways. I want to bring her back."

She took a deep breath and continued, seeing that he was listening closely, "I misused my miraculous and tried to impersonate Marinette and end the pain everyone was going through.
I have never been more wrong in my life.
I don't deserve the miraculous and I never will."

He stared at her, smiling then looking at Wayzz, his kwami.

"You did it to help her?" He asked, not surprised by what he just heard.

"I know, I know. It was so wrong. This is why I can't be a hero," Mirielle shook her head and clenched her teeth.

"It was out of pure intentions. You truly are a hero, Mirielle. You did it to save everyone from worrying and falling into a depression. Do you know what Adrien could've done to himself if you left him depressed?" Master Fu praised her.

Mirielle looked up at him, wondering how he could be so proud of her terrible mistakes.

"But, I impersonated her. I stole her life," she told him, holding out the box for him to take.

"There are miraculous things in life that I like to call second chances," Master Fu smiled, pushing the box back into her hands gently.

"I don't deserve one," she whispered, tears welling in her eyes.

"Even the worst of people deserve second chances," he chuckled looking at the bee miraculous, already knowing who he would give it to.

"I know someone who deserves a second chance," she spoke up.

He already knew what she had in mind.

"Mirielle, is this the way you truly wish to go?" He asked her.

Throwing aside her doubts, she pulled herself together and confirmed her answer, "Yes."

"Then that's the way you will go. Is there any way you would take back the miraculous?" Master Fu asked, taking her miraculous in his hands.

She thought about Tikki, and knew how much she would miss her little cheers and lectures, but she knew, she didn't deserve her. Another great person did.

She thought about the carnival date she had with Adrien in the suit and how she felt so much love for him then, but now, she knew he wasn't meant for her. He was meant for another great person.

She thought about her friendship with Alya in contrast to her lonely life she's lived up until having the miraculous, but she wasn't deserving of such a great friend. Such beautiful friendship was meant for another great person.

Mirielle thought of the beautiful blue sky and the fields of green grass she loved to play in as a child. She had that from before she obtained the miraculous, but knew that there was a great person that would never get to see it again. The refreshing crisp air that she is privileged to breathe and feel against her face, the sweet taste of a birthday cake that she would share with her family, the smell of a salty ocean, the smiles of passing people, the giggles of a baby that are like little tinkling bells in your ear are all things that she knows a great person deserved to hear again.

Mirielle knew of a great person who deserved to experience all great things she would have to soon give up.

"No, Master Fu. I know that the miraculous wasn't meant for me. It was meant for another great person," she spoke, holding back the massive lump in her throat, but proud of what she would do for a great person.