Chapter 4

Kyra

"Wake up!!!" I open my eyes and see Maria worried and probably thought that I was dead. I waved my hand.

"It's okay. I was just asleep and you should've known that sometimes school can be tiring and boring for me." I looked around room looking for the clock but I couldn't find it.

"What time is it?" I asked.

Maria looked at her watch and said, "Six o'clock."

I immediately get up and went to our one door refrigerator and grabbed the chicken that I bought about two days ago. Sometimes I wish that we had a two door refrigerator. If I did, I could store frozen items longer.

I then put the chicken on the counter and brought out a pan, butter, a butter knife, a knife, and cutting board. I put the pan on the stove top and turned on the heat to heat it up. Then put the butter in the pan I watched it melt. For some reason, it's pretty interesting to watch butter melt, to me at least.

I ripped a part of the chicken and put it back in the refrigerator. I rinsed off the ice of the chicken and cut it up to chunks. Then I put the chicken in the pan and turn the stove to medium heat. As I am doing this Maria is sitting at the table doing her homework.

"Should've you finished that hours ago?" I asked.

"I was tired to and fell asleep too. But I woke you so you can cook dinner." She says as she writes an answer for her homework.

"You could've cooked yourself some food."

After I put the chicken in I turn around to look at her but she is focused on her homework and talking.

"You cook better than me and I like it when you cook." She said after she wrote down another answer for her homework. I shrugged.

"Okay then."

I then grabbed a spoon and started to stir the chicken. Then I grabbed the Italian seasoning and put a little bit on top of the delicious looking chicken.

"You know just because I am home doesn't mean that I always-"

I turned around and I didn't see Maria. It seemed like she vanished. I looked all over the house even in all of her hiding places. She's gone. 'She has to be here somewhere,' I thought. She is probably pranking me again.

"Come out Maria. The chicken is almost ready." I yelled getting worried.

When I came back to the kitchen part of the chicken is burnt from sitting on the hot pan. I would just cut it off anyway. Did my sister vanish into thin air or she just when outside? I turned off the stove and set the pan aside with the chicken in it.

I went out the back and I saw nothing but snow that is pure white. No foot prints showing that Maria was here. 'Where did she go? She couldn't of gone that far away.' I thought but I was wrong. She had vanished and I am not hallucinating this time. She has been kidnapped. I have a bad feeling that this is true.