Chapter 27

Maria

Finding the time machine closet, I tried to find the time machines that are watches so it would be easy to keep track. Once I found the bin filled with watch time machines Theo came in the room.

"Geez, did you like run track at school or something?" Theo asks.

"Yes, I did actually. I did sprints." I explain.

"Figures." He mumbles.

"Heard that."

I set the watch to just about two or three days of the latest date that I have remembered and got it ready so when I push the button we would go back to somewhere near the mansion. I turn towards Theo and see him on the ground holding his side.

"Theo!" I rush to him and touch the area and fell a large shock of pain.

I jump back away and come back to Theo. What do I do? What do I do? I got up and started running around the compound as fast as I can. As soon I found the door that said Infirmary, I barged in and looked around for something for pain but I am not sure what to use since there are so many pill bottles and jars with homemade ointments in it. A large variety of medicines.

I rack my brain for the right medicine for Theo's pain. I know that it's a great amount of pain since he has bruising and he has a little trouble breathing but other than that he is just in a great amount of pain. Pain, pain, pain, that's when the answer popped in my head: dihydrocodeine.

It numbs out the pain! Of course! I look through the cabinets and drawers full of medicine and filling found it in the third drawer I looked in. I went to the fridge in the room and found a water bottle and took it. I ran as fast as I could back to the time machine closet.

There I see Theo laying on the floor holding his right side where the ribs are broken. I make Theo sit up slowly and look at him in the eye but his eyes are shut closed tight.

"Theo, open your eyes." I tell him softly.

He opens his eyes and looks at me. He calms down a little and relaxes a bit but still the pain lingers.

"Take this. It would make you feel better for the broken ribs. Based on what I felt when I touched your side you have three broken ribs. The question is how did you handle the pain until now?" I explain to him.

I open the water bottle and give him the water while I took the pill out. I put the pill into his hand and he swallowed the pill easily. I drag Theo near the wall and make sure that he is sitting there upright. I sit on his left side so I don't end up hurting him more on that side.

"I handled it because I somehow knew that you were the one who was going to escape because Owen is very stupid when it comes to love and mates." Theo says.

"Well, your right about that." I say as I put my head on his shoulder and sniffed him. I missed him.

"Ready to go home?" I ask him.

"Yeah." He croaks.

I take one of his hands from his side and held it with my right hand, the hand with the watch on it. I then pressed the button as a flash of blue light around us and makes us disappear from this vile prison. I really hope that Owen rots out there in those woods.