Chapter 26

Kyra

I have been in my room for a few days now. Ever since Randy told me that Maria is the powerful one that is meant to be the next alpha female of the pack. Shouldn't I be the one who becomes alpha female first since I was the first child to be born. That just really doesn't make much sense to me.

'Kyra, everyone is worried about you. You should at least walk around the mansion and talk to people. Not locking yourself in your room and only allow me to come in to bring you food. I'm worried about you. Please come out of your room and walk with me?' Randy asks me through my mind.

'Fine.' I reply.

"Then that is great." Randy says as he comes into my room.

I shake my head and get up from my bed. I walk with Randy until we go outside and that's when we phase and start running. That's when I feel adrenaline coursing through my veins and it feels really good to run again. Once Randy randomly stops I look at him questionably.

'Why stop here? Aren't we going to the open meadow?' I ask through the link.

'No. We are going to my hiding place. This is a place where I get some space away from everyone and when I am mad at someone for some reason.' Randy explains.

I nod my head and Randy went around to the other side of the huge tree. I follow him and that's when Randy disappeared. I ran around the tree a couple of times confused and looking for him. That's when Randy showed me the secret door that flaps like a huge doggy door but on the outside no animal would know that it was a secret door.

I walk in and see a staircase up as I follow Randy up the stairs. Once we are at the top the room up here is about nine to ten feet in diameter with a table full of clothes, a couch, and a rug. Randy walks to the piles of clothes and goes down the stairs to change. I go to the table and find a pair of shorts and a t-shirt to wear. Once I was finished changing Randy came up the stairs smiling. I smiled back.

"So, how do you like my tree house?" Randy asks.

"It's amazing. How long did it take you to make the tree like this?"

"Well, it took me a really long time to build this tree house. Especially the stairs and the bathroom."

"Bathroom?!?" I ask confused, "You have a working toilet and sink in this tree house?"

"Sadly, no, I don't have a real toilet and sink. I just have a hole and sanitizer."

"That's disgusting. What if you get splinters up your butt?" I ask the builder of this house.

"You won't get a splinter up your butt. There is at least a toilet seat to sit on. I have thought through everything that this house needs."

"Are you sure?" I ask teasingly.

"Yes! Of course!" Randy exclaimed.

I laugh and shake my head smiling. Randy comes towards me and brings me close to him. I gasp and Randy laughs.

"Really funny, Randy, really funny." I say looking up at him.

I look around the room and see that there is no food. Now there is a flaw in this amazing tree house. I look back at Randy and smile mischievously. Randy raised an eyebrow in question possibly wondering what am I thinking. I blocked my mind so he wouldn't know but I could feel him trying.

"Kyra, what are you thinking?" Randy says after failing to read my thoughts.

"There is a flaw in this house of yours." I say.

"What is it then?"

"Food. Their is no food nor drinks here."

I laugh as he makes an 'oh' expression like a lightbulb lit in his head. He lets go of me and starts to go down the stairs hurriedly.