Chapter 24

Maria

"Lunch," says the guard that passed us earlier.

He tosses the tray full of food onto the dirty floor and some food flies everywhere. Great, we don't even eat all of our food because it is now everywhere in the cell. The guard leaves chuckling. That douche. I feel my eyes turning until I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn to find it is Theo with worry in his eyes. I feel myself calm down as I felt warmth from his hand spread through my body and making my muscles relax.

"How did you do that?" I whisper.

"It's a werewolf thing. Touch between two werewolves makes them calm and satisfied whenever we are upset. This causes their muscles to relax and calm down. Without it they may possibly go insane, tense, and always nervous or angry."

"Wow...I have never thought that touch can mean so much to werewolves. Is it different when you have a mate?"

"I don't know. It is different with each mate bond. Some could feel chills while some could feel electricity throughout the body. It's a very complex subject."

"I see."

I look towards the tray full of food that is filled with various foods that contain fruits, vegetables, bread, and other things. But they are in small proportions to fit on the tray. I start eating the grapes while Theo is eating the carrots. We ate in silence while I thought back to my family at home.

I wonder what are they doing right now? I really hope that they aren't panicking and on a killing spree. That wouldn't be very good, would it? After I had my fill on the small proportions of food I went to my bunk and once I laid my head down I fell asleep with Theo staring at me. I am to tired to care.

'Sweet dreams, Luna.' I hear Theo whisper into my mind right before I fell asleep.

~~~

I am running through the woods knowing something is chasing me trying to catch me. I push myself to run faster but I was curious to see what it was. I turned around and saw a vicious wolf that his about twice the size of me that has pitch black fur with orange eyes. Foam is running out of its mouth like it is infested with rabies.

I try to transform into my wolf but I am stuck and can't phase. The vile beast is catching up to me and I push myself harder no matter how much my lungs burned. I feel adrenaline pumping through my veins as I try to run away. The hostile wolf is right at my tail almost getting my shirt in its mouth. In the wind I hear: "Don't run from me! Don't run!"

It's making me confused and caused me to slow down a little bit enough for an advantage for the wolf and got my shirt. I fall and I face this wolf and foam got all over my face as he growls. I scream and it is about to attack me but I wake up to Theo shaking me.

"Maria, are you okay? You were having a nightmare." Theo says worriedly.

I just look into his eyes with fright. I don't ever want to see that dream ever again. I feel sweat all over me and it is sticking to my clothes and giving me chills down my back. I nod my head to answer his question.

"You were shaking the bunk bed and sweating really bad. It must've been a horrid nightmare to make you do that."

I nod again and bring my knees to my chest and wrap my arms around them. Placing my head on top of my knees. Theo sits next to me on my bunk bed and brings me close to him and I immediately feel safe and comfort.

"Theo?" I whisper.

"Yes, Luna?" He says sweetly and sleepily.

He is obviously tired. He should go to sleep and not worry about me so much. I can protect myself.

"How old are you?" I ask him.

"That's the question that you really want ask after a nightmare?" Theo chuckled.

"Yeah. I have asked worst with Kyra when we lived without our parents."

"Like what? Maybe, 'Hey Kyra, did you wash my favorite shirt yet?'." Theo teased.

I laughed quietly and actually that is one of the questions that I have actually asked after a bad nightmare. But the worst one was when I asked her if she was dating Randy yet and she almost whacked me with my lamp that was on my nightstand. But it was really funny to see her response though.

"No, seriously, how old are you?" I ask.

"To old!" Theo jokes.

I slap him playful on the chest. "Seriously! Tell me!"

"Fine," he pouts, "I am only 125 years old."

My mouth is wide open while I stare at him in shock. That's like 110 years older than me! My mouth drops from shock. I then close them slowly. Looking at him while he is staring at me back. He looks like he is searching something through my eyes and into my soul.

"Don't worry," Theo smiles and causes me to blush, "I am like around 25 while your sister is dating a 4 year old."

I giggle and now I am feeling a little sleepy. Theo didn't move and I didn't tell him to go either. I lay my head on his shoulder and he pulls me closer as I fall into a deep sleep. A wonderful, safe, and peaceful sleep.