Chapter 1

Kyra

I hear the alarm clock buzz in the earliest of morning. I moan as I slid off the bed and dragged myself to the alarm clock. The clock said five o'clock as I hit it. I grabbed my robe and drifted to my bathroom. I hate going to school and just wish school never even existed, but I know that it can't just disappear in midair.

Once I brushed my teeth, I turned on the shower and stepped in. The warm water feels so nice to my light brown skin. I carefully stepped out of the shower. I felt a chill as my feet touched the cold floor. After I got out and dried off I silently walked to my sister's room.

Her room is cluttered with toys all over the floor waiting to be smashed or broken. I know my sister likes stuff but she hogs a lot of stuff till the point her room can't even hold any of it anymore. I cautiously avoid stepping on her stuff and try to avoid breaking anything. I tripped and I grabbed my sister's desk that was adjacent to me.

Her desk isn't really big but it's the only thing that is clean in her room. When I finally reach my sister's bed I shook her softly and she didn't wake up. This time I shook her harder and yelled into her ear, "Get up, Maria!!" Her eyes suddenly popped open and looked at me like I was from the mental hospital that is across the street.

"What was that for, Kyra? I was about to get up when you shook me the first time. Anyway get out of my room. Now!"

I hurtled out of Maria's room and went into my room that was right next door to the right. Then I hear Maria getting up and drifting to the bathroom across the hall. I got dressed and I am wearing a simple long sleeve shirt and jeans with sneakers with a jacket. I am not a person who likes to show off or anything like that. I put my phone, house keys, and my iPod with my headphones in my pockets. I grabbed my heavy backpack and stormed to the kitchen. My kitchen is very small and we only have a refrigerator, a sink, and a stove top. Also we have very little counter space. I grabbed a red apple and washed it off.

"Where is my hair brush!!" Maria yelled from up stairs.

"On your desk!" I yelled back.

You see that we don't have parents since they died last year when I just turned 18.

"Hurry up! The bus will be coming soon!" I yell.

I then hear Maria fly down the stairs with her backpack on and she is hyperventilating. She is wearing a flower shirt with blue jeans.

"Did I miss the bus already? It's the first day of school!!"

I chuckle. "No I said that if you don't hurry up you would miss the bus. But I didn't say that you DID miss the bus."

She nodded her head and grabbed her lunch that I made for her yesterday.

"See you later!" She says before walking out the door and grabbing her winter jacket.

I went to the door and watched her until her bus came and left. I grabbed the apple and my backpack and went out the door.

----------------------------------------------

I hope that you guys really like this story so far since this is my first book on here. And I am so nervous and I am new here so comment and talk to me. Thanks.