Chapter 12

Kyra

I wake up in this tent/hut that I am not sure what it is. I feel better but I look down to see what I am wearing. I am wearing a linen dress that looks like the Egyptians wore in my social studies book. Could I be possibly in the Egyptian times? I have no clue. The room is dark and there is barely any light in here. I get off the bed that is made out of skins and hay. No wonder it didn't feel comfortable.

I looked around and saw the door and I scurried out of the hut and ran. Then I realized that I need supplies and water to survive this. I went back in and took these gold and silver coins, a basket, a huge container of water that is made out of clay and other supplies. I walked out the hut and walked down the road that has a mixture of dirt and sand. I walked around and I am completely lost. I wonder where did that time machine went.

I wonder the roads and then I across this huge area of markets of food, clothes, and other things that I can't even name. People speaking in a language that I have no clue what it is. I kept walking through the area until there was an end and there was a huge palace that is made out of mud brick and clay. I walked towards it and saw their king and then I walked up to him and gasped. It was Owen. He smiled.

"Hello Kyra. Welcome to Egypt."

His servant next to him looked at me and the king bewildered by the unknown language that probably isn't invented yet. I took a couple steps back and then started to run away. Owen yelled at his guards in their Egyptian language and the guards started to run after me. I turned to the left and looked back. Bad mistake. I ran into the wall and fell to the ground. I now have a major headache and feel blood going down my dirty face. The guards came up to me and whispered something like, "Goobla marka foolya."

Well from I heard I think he just called me a fool. I got up and their spears are pointing right at me. I guess I am now the buffoon's prisoner.

Maria

I wake up laying on the sodden grass full of mud. I get up and look around seeing the gray clouds and the rumble of thunder. Suddenly I see a strike of lighting a couple miles away and the ground shakes. I looked around for Randy and found him laying on the ground.

"Randy get up, we have to go." I yell as I ran up to him.

I shook him and he didn't move. Lighting strikes closer.

"Randy!" I shout nervously and shook him harder and he doesn't move.

Lighting strikes hundreds feet away. I lift Randy and I almost fall but I get up. I started to run but I stumble and fall. Lighting strikes closer and rain starts to pour. As it starts raining harder I get up and run. It seems like lighting is trying to strike me as I ran with lifeless weight of Randy. In the distance I see a village and I run faster.

Lighting a couple yards away now and it seems like we are it's prey. I went up to the closest house and knocked on the door furiously. A woman in her twenties came to the door. She says something in an ancient language. I think that it is Greek or Latin but I am not sure. She let us in as thunder roars throughout the sky.

There is a table with chairs and in the other room it seems like a bedroom. I went to the bedroom and laid Randy down on the bed. Randy's skin is paler than normal. The woman came in with this shiny gold liquid in a wooden cup and put Randy into a sitting position. She brought the cup to his lips and forced him to drink. When she was finished Randy's skin came back to a pinkish color.

I left the room and paced back and forward in the other room to think what time period we are in. The lady came into the room and started cooking. She brings out a huge chunk of meat out of her pantry and cuts it into smaller chunks. I noticed there is a fire place on the other side of the room and there is a big pot that is made of steel over the fire. I walked near it and I smell a wonderful scent of food. The woman pushed me out of the way and put the chunks of meat into the pot and stirred it with a big wooden spoon.

"Do you speak English?" I ask the woman.

"Yes I actually do. I just haven't used it in a long time you know."

I am shocked. I thought that she would stare at me crazy but I guess this is my lucky day.

"That is good to know." I reply.

She nods her head while she is stirring.

"What is your name? My named is Maria. It is Spanish which I am not even sure that it is invented yet in this world." I asked.

She turned from the fire and let me to the table. She sat at one side of the table while I sat on the other side. The woman started to speak quietly.

"I am Maximum and Maria is a wonderful name. Maybe I can name a child after you some day. I am the child of Zeus."

I am shocked I never thought that I would meet a demigod. I thought that those or myths not real when we learned it in social studies. I guess that Maximum saw the confusion on my face.

"You might think that they are myths but they are actually real," she said with wild side in her electric blue eyes.

"Zeus was trying to strike you with his thunderbolts since you two don't even belong to this century. You should return to your own time as fast as you can."

I felt a shiver down my back as I reply, "How do you know this much about time and English?"

She started to smile sadly like it was a very bad memory to remember.

"I had a boyfriend," she whispered holding back a sob, "his name was Owen. He was the one who taught me English and how the time continuum works. Zeus didn't believe that Owen belong to this time and he wasn't," she sighed and continued, "so Zeus cursed Owen so he can never coming back to this time period, but somehow he would always find a loop hole and would come back to see me once in a while."

I have never thought that Owen would have a girlfriend from the past. Now she is obviously not happy with him. Suddenly, a bright light filled the whole room and a man appeared in a white and golden robe. He has dark brown hair and curly beard and his eyes are like a horrible thunder storm of a really dark gray. He doesn't seem very happy to see me.

"Father," Maximum whispered.

I look at Zeus with shock and I can see where did she got the dark hair from. I automatically smell water like it is going to rain.

"Maria," Zeus announced, "daughter of Demeter." As he is saying this I am thinking, 'What is happening here?'

-------------------------------------------------------
A/N

Hi, I know that I haven't said anything for a few chapters so I am going to say that I hope you like it so far. And I know that it took a while for chapter 12 and I made nice and long for you readers. Comment, vote, and follow. See what is going to happen next in the next chapter.

~Riesa