Chapter 8

Kyra

I open my eyes and see that I am in my bed. How did I get up here? I was downstairs and I remember that I fell asleep on the couch not in my bed. Randy. He is probably the only one that would do that and I think that I left the door unlocked. Crap. I sniffed the air and I smell food cooking. I get out of bed and get dressed to go downstairs. When I went down their I see a guy that isn't Randy.

"Um, who are you?"

He turned and said, "Oh, hi Kyra. How did you sleep? And I am your boyfriend, duh."

I look at him questionably and thought, 'I don't have a boyfriend. I don't need a boyfriend anyway.' He turned and left the stove and let the food cook. He took came closer to me and brought me closer to him. Now I am feeling uncomfortable.

"Can you let me go?" I asked nicely.

"Why? We do this all of the time and you usually don't mind. Are you ok?"

I took a step back and said, "No and get out of my house and I don't even know who the fuck you are. So do you understand? Get out and have you seen my sister?"

He looks hurt and said sadly and I can tell that he is confused, "You don't have a sister and why? What did I do to you to make it end this way? I will go but you will regret it."

He grabbed his stuff and left. I threw away the burnt food that was on the stove. Then suddenly I got upset and felt tears. Wait a minute, why am I crying? I don't even know that guy. Suddenly I got this major headache. I went to the couch and laid down. I see visions of me and that guy and then visions of me when I was little. I was six and my mom was about to have a baby but she had a miscarriage. That was Maria.

I started to cry when I realized that somehow everything changed and now my sister is basically dead. Then I see my dad killing my mom and leaving. Another vision of living at a mental hospital. There I see Randy and I cry harder. What have I done to do this and what happened? When the visions were finished I was on the floor sobbing barely having any air between my sobs. I want Maria, Randy, and my life back. I got up and stormed off to go to the mental hospital.

Maria

I wake up and find out that I am in a comfortable bed and I looked around the room. Then I saw that Owen is in the bed with me. I gasped and moved away from him. How long have I been sleeping there and how long have Owen been sleeping in the same bed? He opened his eyes and he can tell that I am scared.

"What is wrong, Maria?" He asks sleepily.

"What am I doing here and what happened? Plus, where is Kyra?" I grill him with questions.

He looked confused, "This is our house and I am your boyfriend living with you. Who is Kyra?"

I suddenly have this headache. I fall to the floor and black out. I then see visions of Kyra and her going to a mental hospital and I went to a home with many kids. I see that my dad killed my mom and my mom giving a miscarriage to a baby. When the visions stopped I got dressed and went out the door before my "boyfriend" asked any questions.

When I looked at the mirror I noticed that I look older like around 17 or 18. 'Well then I think that I can drive I guess.' I thought. I went out the door and saw that there are two cars in the driveway. One was a Toyota that is tan and the other one is another Toyota that is red. I automatically went to the tan one and brought the keys out to unlock it.

I got into the car and drove out of the drive way. I turned on the heater since it is cold and it in middle winter with bright white snow. As I am driving to the hospital I see a car that I remember before I was in this mess. It looks like Kyra's car so I look at the driver and she looks like she is in her early to late twenties. She looks like Kyra!

I just follow her and stay a little ways back and I followed her all the way to the mental hospital. Why would she want to go to the mental hospital? I know that she doesn't like that place. I parked two cars away from my sister's and I watch her go into the hospital and go up the desk. 'What is she going to do?' I thought.