Chapter 9

Kyra

I am at the hospital and I am going to get Randy. I know that I don't like him but he was my old friend before this and before he started stalking me.

"Hey, I am here to take Randy Zane." I ask the lady at the desk. She looks at me with friendly brown eyes and black hair.

"Sure Miss Dates. He is in the courtyard and you can talk to him there."

I was shocked about her reply. I guess I am a regular visiter to Randy. Strange. I walked down the hall that my body seem to recognize. Then I walked in to this courtyard that is filled with snow and Randy is sitting on the bench all by himself.

"Randy!" I yelled running to him.

His sad face automatically turned into a smile. I hugged him and at least I have someone that I know he hasn't changed. I looked into his blue eyes and I can tell that he hasn't cut his blond hair in a while. He looks a little shocked and I can tell since he didn't hug me back.

"What is wrong? Did something happen to your boyfriend?" He asked as I shook my head.

"You are getting out of here."

"Seriously?!?"

"Seriously."

He then had a wide smile that was as large as the world. We walk to the desk together and I signed him out and promised that I would take care of him. Since he was the one who took me out the mental hospital and I am returning the favor. We went to the car and I asked him, "How does it feel to get out of the hospital?"

He thought about it for a second. "It feels good that I am free from all of the crap in there."

I nod and start the car and drove home. I noticed that there is someone following me. I don't know who it is but I am going to find out soon. When I reached to my house the car stopped about a couple houses down. I told Randy to go inside and I would meet him inside. I walked to the car and the window went down and I saw the person in the car. She looks familiar but I just can't put my finger on it.

"Why are you following me?" I asked the driver calmly before I end up having a temper.

"I will tell you if you answer this question. Do you remember me?"

I looked into her eyes and she seems so familiar but I just can't figure it out. She has a lighter skin tone than me so she must be related to me and it must be close. Probably a cousin or something. Then she saw my confusion and made a puppy face that made my brain light up like a lightbulb.

"Maria!"

I shrieked and she got out of the car and hugged me. I hugged her back and after we were finished we walked to my house and went inside. Randy was on my couch and looked at me very confused and asked, "Who is she?"

"Randy, this is my sister that I told you that somehow vanished or died? This is her." I say excitedly.

He nodded his head. "I remember."

I smiled and I am so happy that I got my sister and almost everything I had back. Then he frowned and asked, "Where is your boyfriend?"

Geez, I don't want to go through that subject.

"We broke up. I don't even know the guy." I said quietly.

I turned to Maria and I can tell that she has grown and changed. She is almost tall as me and she has become more prettier than she was when she was younger.

"So what happened to you? I thought that you were dead."

She sighed and started to tell her story, "Well actually that was the second child that was supposed to be born so I am the third child but the second that survived. You went to the mental hospital and that was the last time I saw you. Plus, I was there when dad killed mom. He killed her because he kept drinking and he was so depressed.

"He is still alive but he is in jail for life. I don't know why for the long sentence because I wasn't there during court. I guess I was at my aunt's house during the time. I guess that he end up hurting people during court, so yeah. That is my story that I can remember from this fake life. I don't know why this happened but we got to change it. But I know a guy that might've done this."

"WHO?!?" Randy and I said simultaneously.

"My 'boyfriend'." Maria said as Randy's and my face are filled with confusion.