Chapter 22

Maria

I walked into my room that has green and a bed with green covers. Since my favorite color is green. I dropped onto my bed sighing and feeling Randy's waves of sadness all the way here. It reminds me of the time when we thought that both dad and mom were gone. It was painful. After a while the waves from Randy's lessen and all I feel is calmness and happiness. I bet Kyra was the one who made him feel better. I knew she had found her mate. I then hear a quiet knock on the door.

"Come in." I say.

Theo comes and and shuts the door quietly behind him. He shows no emotion on his face and yet I feel little waves of nervousness off of him. He is hiding it. Why would he?

"Hello." He says.

"Hey."

"How are you?"

"Good. You?"

"I am well." Theo says cheerfully but a little nervous.

"That's good."

Then awkward silence. Why is he in my room? Why is he so nervous? He is just a guard that our father sent us. I don't feel anything towards him other than being a friend. What is he doing here?

"Do you...uh...want to go on a walk?" Theo asks.

"Sure. I guess." I replied.

I hope this isn't a date. Otherwise I may barf. Is this because my mother is a goddess? I hope not. I know that she is Mother Nature and related to the moon goddess doesn't mean that I am the one who everyone wants to mate with.

We walked outside in silence and it was peaceful like we had nothing to say...or don't know how to start a stupid conversation. I didn't notice how far we walked until we reached the clearing we went to earlier. I loved this place the first time I laid eyes on it. It was my mini play ground. My little meadow like it was a gift from my mom. Theo walked to where me and Kyra was sitting when we first came here.

"Come. Sit with me." Theo says quietly.

I come sit next to him and we look upon the small lake in silence. It wasn't an awkward silence but a peaceful silence. I feel waves of calmness and contentment from him. It makes me at ease.

Soon a butterfly landed on Theo's head and he didn't move. I reached up and picked up the butterfly off his head. The butterfly stayed in my hands while I was studying the butterfly. Theo looked at me with awe and amazement. I gently brushed my fingers against her soft wings and she seem to enjoy me petting her. I don't know how I know that it is a girl but I just know. I lifted my hand up and she flew away among the trees.

"How do you do that?" Theo asks.

"I don't know. Whenever I am calm and happy animals seem to be attracted to me like I am part of there normal day life. That is why my sister calls me Mother Nature. It could be annoying sometimes but I think it really fits me and I won't admit it."

"Well, you just did." Theo chuckled.

I smiled and made a silent laugh. "I guess I did."

Theo looked into my eyes like studying my soul. His eyes are a warm brown like hot chocolate. They are full of love and kindness. They seem to nurture me like I am the most important thing in the world. Geez, I can be a poet describing his brown eyes! Suddenly I hear growling behind me and then Theo is on full alert growling back to the creature behind me. I turn around and see someone that I never want to see again.

Kyra

We are in Olive Garden for lunch. It is my favorite restaurant and I love their pasta! Randy has good tastes when it comes for food.