Chapter 29

Randy

I quietly closed the door to Kyra's room to make sure that I didn't wake her up in the process but obviously she would've fallen asleep by now. Just to make sure I followed the shape of the rose with my fingers I connect with the room.

Kyra is asleep and happy. Somewhat in a dream I believe. I will just let Kyra sleep while I meet with the alpha. I wonder if he is planning anything after that attack of the hellhounds. It's strange...we don't normally get hellhounds in these forests. We would sometimes get passing cyclops and other tame creatures. But nothing like that.

I walk down the hallways of rooms with sleeping werewolves in each. It's my job to make sure that they are asleep at least by 10:00. If they aren't then usually that meant that mates need there time alone if you know what I mean. Which with my luck I found two of the rooms in that state.

For this pack for some reason we seem to find our mates very quickly. While some don't but don't truly mind so they travel to ally packs to seek mates. Usually they would. But the only person I knew that didn't get a mate was Owen. For some reason he couldn't find a mate and no one seems to fit his profile and life style.

I have no clue why he isn't finding the perfect mate but all I know is that darkness is growing in him. It will only get worse as the time comes. I just hope whatever Theo and Maria did over there they just tried to kill him or put some sense into him. I just knew he was insane...to the point of destruction of anything that is in his way.

When I finish the room check I went to alpha's office and knocked on the door. Nervous wondering what would he want to do. I hope that it isn't anything irrational. I walked through the door and see him working on paper work. Maybe sending other packs a warning about Owen and possible hellhounds.

"Do you need anything, sir?" I ask.

"Yes...I would like you to do a favor for me." He pauses, "A huge favor that you shouldn't tell anyone."

----------------------------------------------------

A/N

Yes, I understand that this is a short chapter but I am still working on Chapter 30. I promise that it will be a long chapter.

~Riesa