Chapter 30

Randy

"Anything you want me to do, sir." I say.

I have always done anything he asks. He was the one who actually asked me to stalk Kyra and Maria. At first, I thought it was crazy but I never reject the alpha's orders. If you do you could be kicked out of the pack and live alone forever. That's kind of what happened to Owen.

"Will you and a few other wolves of your choice go and hunt Owen down? I don't want him taking my daughter away from me again. Also make sure that you ripped his head off when you capture him. So he won't ever hurt this pack ever again." Alpha commands.

"Yes sir." I say as I turn to leave the room.

"Randy." He says quietly.

"Yes sir?" I say as I turn around back towards him.

"Don't bring Maria nor Kyra. I don't want to drag any of them into this... They could be killed or captured for all we know."

"Yes sir." I turn and leave the room heading to bed.

I can't believe that I have to go on a secret mission for finding Owen. For some reason I have a very bad feeling about this. We don't even know if Owen is in this time zone. We would be lucky enough if we could find him...

I walk down the hallway and stop at Kyra's door. I trace my fingers over the rose and sense that she is fast asleep. I smile sending her a kiss on her forehead in our mind link and I could feel her smile as well. I chuckle a bit and went to my room that seems pretty dark. Personally, I like it dark, dark and mysterious.

I land on my bed and immediately fall asleep.

Maria

I wake up feeling the sunshine one my face as I smile. It only seems like it makes the room brighter than it is. It only makes me happier. That's when I see a hawk fly to my window. Huh...that's weird.

I get up and open the window and let the hawk rest on my arm. I know that the talons are hurting me but at the moment I don't mind. I stroke the soft brown feathers of this hawk. He looks at me with his piercing brown eyes, watching me.

"What are you up to?" I ask him.

He let out a squawk. For some reason, I know what he is thinking and what he says. In my mind it translated it as:

"Should I get you food since you are injured?"

"What?" I am confused.

"Look." He says with a piercing call of a warning.

He looks at my pillow and that's where I see a towel with blood. I gasp as the hawk flinches. I begin to touch the back of my head and feel something a little wet but some of it is crumby. It stings as I do it and see blood on my hand. Oh. My. Gosh.

"Um...could you wait here a second?" I ask the hawk.

"Sure." He says in his hawk language.

This is so weird. I could talk to animals...how is Kyra and my father going to react to this? Are my powers growing more and more as the day comes? I may need my mother to train me of these powers if she could.

I walk to the bathroom with the towel and wash all the blood off of it with hydrogen peroxide. Those things help you a lot if you have anything with blood. I dampen a towel and wash the wound. It stings a lot as I yell out in pain.

That's when Kyra bursts out from her room, since our rooms are joined by a bathroom, and grabs hold of me as I cry. She tries to calm me down and grabs the hydrogen peroxide and takes me to the bathtub. She then pours the bottle of chemicals through my hair and that's when I feel bubbles popping in the back of my head.