Chapter 17 |Jealous...|

It was all gone... All of my money, gone. Stolen right in front of me, yet somehow I still didn't even see anyone.

I reached my arm out, and grabbed the worn out cloth. I quickly ran downstairs, and ran out of the open door, scared that someone might still be in there. I didn't know where I was going, but I knew that I had to get help. I ran to the plaza, and stopped when I saw Dante walking towards me, his bright red cape flying behind him.

"Hey, you okay, Aphmau?" He asked, worry in his blue eyes.

I responded, "Dante, someone broke into my house and stole my money."

He flinched, the worry deepening, "w-what?! Who? What did they look like!" He notices the cloth tightly grasped in my hand, "what's that?" He asks.

I calmly answered, "I don't know who. I didn't see anyone, I just found this cloth in my window after I heard it shut closed."

He looked down, thinking. He finally answered, "let's go find Garroth and Lauraunce, so you can tell us the whole story, okay?"

I nodded my head and said, "Of course!"

When we entered the guard tower, I over heard two voices, one of them British... Garroth and Lauraunce.

We started to slowly climb the ladder, and as we climbed, I heard some of the words they were saying to each other.

"-oth, you know I like her. Why?" Asks what I believe was Lauraunce.

"Becau- like- too" says Garroth in a quite voice, so I wasn't able to hear every word.

Wait, does Garroth like somebody...? Why do I feel like this... It's like...

Jealousy.

That's what I'm feeling.

Sorry this chapter ended right here!! It's just because I wanted it to end with a cliffhanger, so I needed to end it here. Don't worry, the next chapter will come out in just a few days, though!